Your Soldiers Final Place Of Rest

Bugme

My wife and I traveled out to the cemetery today to check flowers at some family plots. I looked at my wife's step-dad's grave and thought: I need a picture of this. I went to the truck, came back and took this picture of Ervin's marker.

Feel free to post a photo of your hero's marker here. It can be family, a friend, a neighbor or a marker from someone who's military items have been entrusted into your hands. Really, it can be any hero that you would like to remember. So, take your camera to the cemetery and get a photo to post here. I've got some more cemetery's to visit, so this is just the first one for me.

Finally & Most Importantly: There is a lot that I could say about Ervin Zimmerman's military life and even his time after the war however, I think that the marker really says it all in it's stark simplicity. So, let's keep this thread simple and post only the markers.

Ervin_Zimmerman_Marker_001_Edit.JPG

brandon_rss18

My Great Cousin, 2nd Lt. Louis E. Machala Jr. B-17 Pilot, killed in a training crash on Feb. 25th, 1943.

post-2378-1244060570.jpg

316th FS 324th FG

My family heros

Gordon Trent was killed in the Battle of Jebsheim, when attached to the 3rd ID as part of the 254th Infantry Regiment.

Donald Patteson was my grandfather, a pilot with the 316th Fighter Squadron, 324th Fighter Group.

post-2463-1244061199.jpg

post-2463-1244061263.jpg

post-2463-1244061275.jpg

316th FS 324th FG

And two more, one shared as a hero by most here

CDR Dan Shanower was killed on 9/11 while on duty in the Watch Center in the Pentagon

post-2463-1244061428.jpg

post-2463-1244061441.jpg

willysmb44

Dale Mabry, died at the controls of the semi-rigid airship "Roma" in 1922, which ended US interest in hydrogen-fueled airships.

n042103.jpg

Next week I'll get photos of Bill Mauldin's grave at Arlington...