WWII huck towels

hawkdriver

hawkdriver

I am looking to find examples of what the WWII huck towels that the soldiers carried. Where they white? OD? size? number carried? I am looking for about four for pack fillers if anyone has some they are willing to let go of, I would be very interested.

General Apathy

post-344-1243666021.jpg

Hi Hawkdriver, this is the best I can do for you at present, this is a thumbprint size photo I already had in a photo file, I have tried to enlarge it a little. I don't have a towel to hand to give you the size, maybe someone els will chip in.

There were earlier white huck towels, some of which can occasionally be found with a central colored bar with, U.S. Army embroidered in, also others with Army Aircorp, U.S.N. , or U.S. Marine Corp. These are really nice to have in any collection.

Cheers ( Lewis )

hawkdriver

That is what I am looking for. Anyone know where to find these things. I have been watching eBay and have never seen these things on there. Where else can one look?

Greg Robinson

The towel I own is white and has a blue stripe. On the blue stripe is printed "UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS". Dimensions of towel are 16" X 33". This is the only original ww2 example I've ever seen but I'm told reproductions exist. Marines carried it in their haversacks.

Greg