Desert Camo BDU Shirt w/ USAF Insignia

bbmilitaria

Very nice coat! What is the button on the left shoulder?

This is very similar to the uniform worn by one of our Air Guard recruiters. He had served with the 82nd ABN and jumped into Granada where he earned his CIB. After he finished his recruiting tour, he then went into our Security Forces squadron.

Duh! It is a snap for the SF armband isn't it? :rolleyes:

adamoi1984
Very nice coat! What is the button on the left shoulder?

This is very similar to the uniform worn by one of our Air Guard recruiters. He had served with the 82nd ABN and jumped into Granada where he earned his CIB. After he finished his recruiting tour, he then went into our Security Forces squadron.

Duh! It is a snap for the SF armband isn't it? :rolleyes:

Ok, odd Question. I thought AF regulations basically prohibited the ware of any Army related awards, unless one is assigned to the US Army? I know the Army will allow people from other services to ware there awards, but not the AF. Do I have it right?

Ok, odd Question. I thought AF regulations basically prohibited the ware of any Army related awards, unless one is assigned to the US Army? I know the Army will allow people from other services to ware there awards, but not the AF. Do I have it right?

I could be mistaken, but I believe this uniform may have belonged to a soldier serving with the 786 CRG (Contingency Response Group) or the 786 SFS (Security Forces Squadron) who was assigned to the 173rd Airborne BN when they did a combat jump into Iraq in 2003 (hence the jump wing with gold star). As far as the CIB goes....I'm not sure on that one.

Arch

I could be mistaken, but I believe this uniform may have belonged to a soldier serving with the 786 CRG (Contingency Response Group) or the 786 SFS (Security Forces Squadron) who was assigned to the 173rd Airborne BN when they did a combat jump into Iraq in 2003 (hence the jump wing with gold star). As far as the CIB goes....I'm not sure on that one.

Arch

Good score Arch!!!Beat me out on that one,Im slowin down in my old age :lol::lol::lol:

That jacket is a looker.

RD

CNY Militaria

I am not sure on the regs, but I have seen active duty AF members wearing CIB's or other awards on their BDU's, so official or not, the practice exists.

Arch

The AF unit the jumped with the 173rd into Iraq was the 86th Expeditionary Contingency Response Group - of which the 786th Security Forces Squadron is part.

However there is no OGLESBY on the jump manifest. http://www.173rdairborne.com/manifest-iraq.htm

If that is the case, then the jacket is obviously a made-up piece. Oh well...still worth the money for the CIB.

Arch

There is a Staff Sgt Oglesby assigned to the 12th SFS at Charleston AFB. I don't know if he is USAF or USAFR.

I think this piece is a real piece. Soldier might have been prior service with Army or something of the like. Jacket received!!! Awesome piece!!!!

Arch

It looks like a good piece to me also. If you earned the CIB with the Army, you are authorized to wear it in the USAF. It is one of the few Army badges allowed by the USAF to be worn. Depending on your assignement with the USAF, you can also wear the Ranger tab, the Air Assault wings and airborne wings.

bluemesa159

IAW AFI 36-2903, Table 5.2, Line 5, page 138, USAF members are authorized to wear the CIB, but "only while permanently assigned to and performing duties with other services." So, the CIB is possible, depending on the unit of assignment.

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/medi.../AFI36-2903.pdf

Where I have a problem is the Security Forces Occupational Badge is NOT authorized for wear on the pocket flap. USAF only has 1 badge that is authorized for pocket flap wear and that is the Commanders' Insignia, worn on the right side under the nametape by former Commanders. Current Squadron, Group & Wing Commanders wear it above the nametape.

19delta-uav

While we're at it, it seems like the spacing between the name usaf name tape, jump wings and CIB is a little big. Just looks strange to me.

• 6 months later...

Here's a picture of my Armband / Brassard of "SF" (Security Forces). For you jacket, you need one like this ;

IMG_4691.JPG

IMG_4690.JPG

IMG_4693.JPG

IMG_4692.JPG

And yes, the Security Force badge is on the wrong place on your jacket ; logicaly, it's above the "US Air Force" branch tape.

While we're at it, it seems like the spacing between the name usaf name tape, jump wings and CIB is a little big. Just looks strange to me.

That's typical of Air Force BDU badges.

And also what P-E said about the SF badge, It is usually worn on the pocket. At least that's how they wore it on all the Air Force Bases I've lived on.

Joe