Marine Blouse Pressing

Brig

GAH!

my father took my dress blue and service alpha blouses to a tailor to have the chevrons sewn on. in his genius, he told them to press them. now apparently they have a nice, sharp crease on the front and backs of the sleeves. I'm pretty sure this is against regs, but I heard a rumor that the sleeves can be pressed a certain way. if this true?

question is, how would you guys recommend removing these creases? or am I S-O-L and out the 300+ bucks it'll cost to replace them?

on top of that, I still need to find a local tailor to sew blood stripes. and a suicide bomber blew himself up here in the green zone a couple hours ago. and some POG in the states forgot to book us a flight home, so God knows how long we'll be delayed now

AAAAHHHH! Nothing's ever simple

craig_pickrall

I think any good Drycleaner can get the crease out by steaming them. It shouldn't cost much more than the cost of drycleaning them.

Geezus Brig.

You can get the creases out of the DB by taking them into the head, turning the shower on as hot as it will go, and 'steaming' them out; that is a quick way to do it. Obviously, you just hang them from a hanger close to, but not UNDER the water LOL. The steam will wilt the creases.

You can also use the dry cleaner option, specifying NO CREASES.

Lastly, you can toss them into the dryer (if the dryer is clean) on the 'cold' setting if need be to tumble the crease out. Time consuming but it'll work as well.

Regs state NO creases in the blues, BTW. The can be 'pressed flat' but there should be no crease lines on the blouse.

usmc-collector

Brig, bellow you can find part of current USMC uniform regulations concerning coats:

3006. COATS

1. General

a. Utility coats will only be worn as a part of the utility uniform and

will have the Marine Corps emblem decal placed/embroidered on the left breast

pocket according to paragraph 3037. There will be no mixing of combat and

camouflage utility uniform components.

b. Buttons on all service/dress coats may be detachable with worked

eyelets provided for them.

2. Males

a. Service coats are semi-formfitting garments and will not be fitted to

present a tight or formfitting appearance. Approximately 2 inches of freedom

should be allowed through the chest and 1 inch at the waist, with the belt of

sufficient length to fit the coat waist rather than pulled snugly against the

waist of the individual. A properly fitted service coat will ride freely up

and down the body when the arms are raised/lowered.

b. Blue dress coats are formfitting garments and will be fitted and

altered accordingly.

c. Only the sleeves, collars, and lapels of the service coat will be

creased and pressed flat. Creases in the back skirt of the coats are

prohibited.

d. The length of all coats will extend about 1 to 2 inches below the

individual's crotch. The sleeve cuff bottom will extend to about 1 inch

above the second/large joint of the thumb.

I hope it helps you - JAROSLAV

Geezus Brig.

You can get the creases out of the DB by taking them into the head, turning the shower on as hot as it will go, and 'steaming' them out; that is a quick way to do it. Obviously, you just hang them from a hanger close to, but not UNDER the water LOL. The steam will wilt the creases.

You can also use the dry cleaner option, specifying NO CREASES.

Lastly, you can toss them into the dryer (if the dryer is clean) on the 'cold' setting if need be to tumble the crease out. Time consuming but it'll work as well.

Regs state NO creases in the blues, BTW. The can be 'pressed flat' but there should be no crease lines on the blouse.

hey, I didn't do it, don't blame me

isn't steam bad for the material? I get home on leave tomorrow, I'll have to work on it then

thanks guys, at least I don't need to buy a whole new blouse

hey, I didn't do it, don't blame me

isn't steam bad for the material? I get home on leave tomorrow, I'll have to work on it then

thanks guys, at least I don't need to buy a whole new blouse

When I traveled on business I turned the hotel room shower on full hot, hung the suit up (away from the spray), shut the door and away went the wrinkles. They actually make clothing steamers.

steam didn't seem to want to work too well. I'll try again. the crease isn't that bad, so it shouldn't be too hard

steam didn't seem to want to work too well. I'll try again. the crease isn't that bad, so it shouldn't be too hard

Brig, it is good to see you are home. Bummer on the delay. When I came back last time some Prince in Kuwait died and we got stuck there for over a week after a three day rain delay in Balad. I cant help you with the creases other than what everyone else said about the cleaners. Maybe get them roll pressed to see if that gets the crease out.