Philippine pattern officers shirt

Here is an example of what Shelby Stanton describes in his book as a "Philippine Pattern" officer's shirt.

The only difference is the pockets, which have either scalloped or pointed flaps and a central pleat. Apparently these often had direct embroidered collar insignia and shoulder strap rank in lieu of metal. This is the only one I have ever seen outside of period photos and wonder if any one else out there owns or has seen one.

CB

post-643-1176348800.jpg

post-643-1176348819.jpg

Here is an example of what Shelby Stanton describes in his book as a "Philippine Pattern" officer's shirt.

The only difference is the pockets, which have either scalloped or pointed flaps and a central pleat. Apparently these often had direct embroidered collar insignia and shoulder strap rank in lieu of metal. This is the only one I have ever seen outside of period photos and wonder if any one else out there owns or has seen one.

CB

No, but I have seen a tan coat with all insignia sewn on -- it meved between collectors in the Cleveland area, then ended up in a collection which was bought for the new museum at Carlisle. PA. Sure wish I had owned it -- i would still have it, for sure!