Help getting ww2 style Lucky Strikes.

fingers

Hi Guys,

Im trying to get some packs of the ww2 style Lucky Strikes, you know the type, for my impression. I cant get them over here in England, so is there anyone who can help me out?

Of course I will pay all expenses.

Cheers, Jon

Captainofthe7th

They still sell them here in the US, soft, white package, unfiltered. They're pretty much identical to the WWII packs. If this is what you're looking for, one of us Yanks can help you out. I'm not 18 yet, so I can't buy them for you.

Rob

If having someone across the pond send you some does not work, you could join one of the yahoo repro paperwork groups and using a pdf file make your own. thumbsup.gif

ww2reproductions

Jon

PM me.

I can send you PDF of early, late and k -ration lucky strike .

Leo

If having someone across the pond send you some does not work, you could join one of the yahoo repro paperwork groups and using a pdf file make your own. thumbsup.gif

Can you explain why? Im guessing you mean due to customs?

Thanks everyone for the tips with the repro items. I have been a member of the yahoo group for ages and have seen the repro items for sale on ebay alot, but Im looking to be able to have a smoke and the filters on our cigerettes just ruin photos etc. thumbsup.gif

Johan, That would be excellent if you could mate

Leo, pm sent

Jon

PM me.

I can send you PDF of early, late and k -ration lucky strike .

Leo

I would be happy to look that, could you send me the pdf thumbsup.gif

@++

Jon,

DO they have to be Luckies or will filterless Camels do too?

Filterless Camels work equally as well.

I hope you like English beer?!

If you are looking to just be smoking, cut the filter off a regular cigarette and light it up! No one will tell in a photo.

• 3 weeks later...

Fingers

Woodbines, Navy cut, Players, and senior service can all be obtained from Tescos.

If you don’t mind cutting off the filters camel and lucky strike can also be obtained through the same supermarket.

A warning though, none of the above are a cheap smoke at the moment luckys are the cheapest.

YankeeDiv26

The WWII supply stuff is very nice quality (I own some), but I find their ciggarette packages lacking because they are simply paper/cardstock wrapped around a wooden block, no celophane and they don't get crushed. I wouldn't carry them on your person but they are really good to slip into a footlocker though!

-Tim

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Lucky Strikes package was changed from green to white in 1942. While it would be logical for some were around in the green pack for a while after that, I would argue that for doing a D-Day onward impression/display it would be more accurate to use the white pack.