USMC Vietnam M61 rig.

kphfun

Here is a USMC M61 combat rig that I put together. It looks a bit flat as I have to find my mags to fill the pouches ( I don't know why I dont keep them all together! crying.gif:lol: ) and put a bandage in the FA pouch. The canteens are both USMC marked but way faded front markings. Three mag pouches are dated 63 and the other 64, belt large, etc. Just wanted to show it to the folk's that helped me to buy and put together these set's as I thank you!

post-3273-1243054874.jpg

Is this set going on ebay? How about to skip that and let me finally get a Nam set of yours that I'm always getting out bid on by making me a offer on this set! drool2.gifdrool2.gif seriously thumbsup.gif

Also, the suspenders are on wrong, the single straps should be on the back.

Also, the suspenders are on wrong, the single straps should be on the back.

pinch.gif Thats the second time I have done that! :lol:

Let me think of an answer for you on the above as my whole point of doing it is to sell the set's for the most part ( Did you see what the m67 set closed at? thumbsup.gif ) but I will at least give you a good edge. I will PM you on it Sunday. ;)

We might work out a combo Justin, I will hook up with you Sunday and we can chat it up and go from there. Cheers, Kev

Picture with suspenders corrected and a matching 63 dated pouch, all four being the same makes a big difference! thumbsup.gif

post-3273-1243316036.jpg

Just for ref

thumbsup.gif

Nice picture but I dont see how the inside front suspenders can hook to the belt in the middle of a mag pouch. think.gif

Bob Hudson
all four being the same makes a big difference!

And probably no Marine ever wore four that matched :) I am amazed at the differences in the M14 pouches - lots of variations in color, labeling and even size

And probably no Marine ever wore four that matched :) I am amazed at the differences in the M14 pouches - lots of variations in color, labeling and even size

Well, one can now. :lol: I would think that when they were issued new gear that the pouches would all come out of the same box from the manufacturer? I could see when later one might have needed to swap a damaged one out for a new one that it would change like that but once again just thought's.

Bob Hudson
Well, one can now. :lol: I would think that when they were issued new gear that the pouches would all come out of the same box from the manufacturer? I could see when later one might have needed to swap a damaged one out for a new one that it would change like that but once again just thought's.

It'd be interesting to hear from some of the Old Corps members on the forum - did they ever get issued all-new field gear or was it at best a mix of old and new?

pinch.gif Thats the second time I have done that! :lol:

Let me think of an answer for you on the above as my whole point of doing it is to sell the set's for the most part ( Did you see what the m67 set closed at? thumbsup.gif ) but I will at least give you a good edge. I will PM you on it Sunday. ;)

How much did the m67 set close for?

T