KW M1 Carbine set-up.

kphfun

I got the rig all ready as I found my canteens that I knew I had and put a nice 51 dated set on the rig and thus made it complete and pleasing to the eye ;) . The real neat thing I learned this week was from an old guy I know that served in the Korean War as a FAC ( He was the inspiration for making this set.) and was issued an M2, he told me that he used both 15 and 30 round mag's. He told me on Wednesday that he put 3 30 round mag's in the top of a three cell grenade pouch with the lower two pockets holding smoke grenade's for marking. I only have one M2 mag but as you can see in the picture it fit's perfect and would hold 3 like it was made for it. I love the info you get from the old vet's as sometimes it is thing's you never read about so no one ever knows thumbsup.gif

post-3273-1243044936.jpg

CamoDeafie

I approve ;) i have a 54 contract TMN M4 bayo that needs a M8A1 scabbard, it might go very well on that rig......except for the 54 date on the bayo lol. anyways....whats the long skinny pouch? is that for the M1 Carbine's cleaning kit?

also, interestign to hear about putting 3 30rd mags into the top pouhc and using the lower 2 for smoke..

Thank's you guy's. The pouch you are asking about is the one that would hold pliers/cutters and a knife, I cant recall what their proper name is but I am sure someone will help.

I approve ;) i have a 54 contract TMN M4 bayo that needs a M8A1 scabbard, it might go very well on that rig......except for the 54 date on the bayo lol. anyways....whats the long skinny pouch? is that for the M1 Carbine's cleaning kit?

also, interestign to hear about putting 3 30rd mags into the top pouhc and using the lower 2 for smoke..

Man, I wish I had an early KW M4 to match this set as everything has a 50,51 or 52 date so any blade would have to be a KW make. I will leave that to the lucky winner I think! :lol:

CamoDeafie

i dont think they had 1950s dated bayonet except for the 54 contract to replace those lost over there, i believe most are 40s late 40s contract bayonets......(post ww2 with plastic handles)

i dont think they had 1950s dated bayonet except for the 54 contract to replace those lost over there, i believe most are 40s late 40s contract bayonets......(post ww2 with plastic handles)

You are correct in that thinking as it is the plastic handled M4 that I was referring to but I thought they produced a number of them in the year 1950. think.gif

CamoDeafie

Bayonet Points, plastic handled M4s

seems its 1954 for plastic handled bayos, and Camillus made M4s with leather handles for a 1953 contract, otherwise, theres no mention of a 1951 contract dated M4 bayonet... so I presume what you would need is a Camillus 1953 contract bayonet, OR a WW2 M4 bayonet...?

Bayonet Points, plastic handled M4s

seems its 1954 for plastic handled bayos, and Camillus made M4s with leather handles for a 1953 contract, otherwise, theres no mention of a 1951 contract dated M4 bayonet... so I presume what you would need is a Camillus 1953 contract bayonet, OR a WW2 M4 bayonet...?

Thanks for the input as I thought they made the M4 with the plastic handle prior to the KW conflict, but I am no true knife nut so I don't know. Cheers for the info thumbsup.gif