A desiderable M1912 holster

artu44

A french buddy owns this beauty. It's a private purchase M1912 of RIA quality and in excellent condition. The peculiarity is the belt hook, an M1904 in place of the M1910. It could mean a lot of the old M1903 ctg belts were still on the field despite the new M1910 mounted.

post-67-1242843516.jpg

post-67-1242843542.jpg

Charlie Flick

An excellent example, Artu. The private purchase holsters are under-appreciated, in my opinion.

Are there any markings on the holster besides the US?

Regards,

Charlie Flick

New Romantic

Quite interesting Artu, I wonder why the hook for the M1904 First Aid pouch was used? The only piece of field gear prior to 1910 that used the double wire hooks are the 1904 and 1907 First Aid Pouches.

An excellent example, Artu. The private purchase holsters are under-appreciated, in my opinion.

Are there any markings on the holster besides the US?

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Completely unmarked. Did you noticed there is no stitching around back rivets?

Quite interesting Artu, I wonder why the hook for the M1904 First Aid pouch was used? The only piece of field gear prior to 1910 that used the double wire hooks are the 1904 and 1907 First Aid Pouches.

I'll ask owner if this hook will fit the M1910 grommets pitch, but I think it was made for 1903 grommets pitch.

New Romantic

I was just comparing the hook on your holster to the hook on the 1904 First Aid Pouch and yours looks like a post 1912 double hook that was bent into it's current shape. The wire hooks used before 1912 were a thinner gauge than later hooks. Compare your double hook's gauge to one on a 1918 dated first aid pouch or any of your other holsters.

Frankie, it's no matter of the wire gauge but of distance of grommets. If this hook will fit a 1912 pistol belt it means that hook is only a pimpy feature.