Military Mom wins fight for Blue Star Flag

jeb137

I just came across this news artical today. Seems that there is alot of support for family's displaying "blue star flags". I for one support them and notice them when I pass by one.

I thought that some of you may have an interest in reading this or listening to her discuss the situation.

This link: http://www.wtam.com/cc-common/news/section...article=5484863 will take you to the Ohio News artical.

Jon B.

Newaygo MI

Good for her! And it surprises me how many people don't have a clue what that represents. I'm asked about it all the time.

Steph

FightenIrish35

wow,im really happy she won this battle!!!I sometimes see them and always take time to think about the family who is waiting for there family member to get home safe. Good for her! salute.gif

HolyHappiness

My question is, what is the arguement to pull it down? It makes me angry when people pull stuff like this on innocent americans trying to support our troops, what are they trying to accomplish?

Living in a building with a Homeowners' Association, I have been through similar battles with the little old ladies who live here (although not all are little, old, or female). There is a segment of every organization that operates in the mode of "Rules is rules", and any variation intrudes on their personal space to the point of great discomfort.

We have a rule against hanging anything over a balcony railing, so when someone hung a US flag out (on Flag Day) a busybody started thumping a tub about "rules". Luckily the manager had the backbone to tell the busybody to bugger off and get a life, but it took a formal association rules change to calm down the die-hards.

• 1 month later...

It is amazing some of the things that homeowner associations and their ilk pick to enforce their rules over. In cases like this one they end up looking like heartless anti-American bozos intend in rule enforcement regardless of what common sense might dictate. I wonder how something like that would have gone over during World War 2?