USMC Raider Patch

kriegsmodell

kriegsmodell

Guys,

Happened upon this Marine Raider SSI at an antique mall this week during my travels. Patch was in a booth without any other militaria and I didn't have to pay much at all for it. Looked pretty good to me but I'm no authority on these by any means. If not real or period I'm certainly not hurt much. Has not been sewn on and has only light wear, a little staining to the skull, and some black staining at about 2'O'Clock. Any opinions or comments regarding originality and period of manufacture would be most appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Pics of the obverse and reverse follow.

post-3151-1242581306.jpg

normaninvasion

Looks like a a good WW2 era to me, the back photo is a little blury, need to see thread a little clearer, but I think its good.

Proud Kraut

Do you have the chance to ckeck the patch with UV-light? I have seen standard MAC patches (blank red diamond) with a subsequently added skull. Only the skull "glowed" under blacklight.

Lars

kriegsmodell

Many thanks for taking the time to comment! Already checked with black light and no glow which I should have mentioned. Also attaching another shot of the reverse that I hope might be a little better.

post-3151-1242583255.jpg

kriegsmodell

normaninvasion,

Almost ashamed to admit that I gave only $5.00 plus tax for the patch. A real sleeper it seems.

Again, thanks to all who have taken the time to weigh-in.

normaninvasion
jeal0001.gifjeal0001.gif You did extreamly well, patch gods are smililing on you, you better keep a close eye on that store, way to go thumbsup.gif

Wow, very nice, one of my favorite variations of the Raider patch. thumbsup.gif

If you ever want to get rid of it, let me know. ;)