New Testament Bible

Jamecharles

Jamecharles

Hi peoples,

I've buyed this New Testament Bible on e-Pay, i'm starting collectiong also some of those cool and really emotional items , if you want let see us your , post them below!.

Inside cover includes dedication by Franklin Roosevelt. Name of Chaplain "Carl R. Cheek" written in.

(i've also a little question: this book was used / carried also in the field?, possible date?)

Thank you all

rrobertscv

Here is the only WWII Bible I own, plus a few others I've come across. My Uncle carried the WWII Bible as a member of the 70th Div. The Civil War Bible is ID'd with lots of family history. And yes, before anyone jabs me, I know Gideon is spelled wrong, my daughter was trying to help and I didn't catch until after the photo was made. Hey, at least she spelled it wrong the same way twice. w00t.gif

Bibles.jpg

I know Gideon is spelled wrong, my daughter was trying to help and I didn't catch until after the photo was made. Hey, at least she spelled it wrong the same way twice. w00t.gif

Bibles.jpg

When literacy fails blame your daughter :lol:

Name of Chaplain "Carl R. Cheek" written in.

(i've also a little question: this book was used / carried also in the field?, possible date?)

Thank you all

Chaplain Cheek went through the chaplain school in 1942. He was a Disciple of Christ Chaplain.

Yes, it was carried in the field.

Nice Bibles.

Jamecharles

Thank you alot Chap 15 !

Where i can find more informationa bout this man?

Amazing bible collection robert!!!!

My grandmother still has my grandfather's steel covered new testament's he carried during the war.

I think the idea was to carry it in your left breast pocket to cover your heart and keep a bullet from penetrating. ;)

Jamecharles

That is a great idea Jimm! ;D

i'll do that in the next reenacting event :D but probably i'll leave it to my girlfriend :D she love those items