26th reenactment Czech republic

Honzash

Honzash,

Great photos! Really, I mean it. Were you the photographer? Please pass on my thanks to the guys in the unit for keeping the US Army history alive over there. Many, many thanks.

Capa

m1ashooter

Great pictures. I thought I was looking our troops in 1944. This may sound like a crazy question but do the Garands and carbines shoot? I'm interested in the gun laws of other nations.

Great stuff,

We're always hearing about you guys on this side of the world. You guys put on such a great impression.

-Dave

~26th Yankee Division 104th IR~

Fantastic photographs !

Didn't there where such many people who are interested in the 26th Infantry Division.

But let me guess why the 26th. Because it freed Czecho-Slovakia during WW2?

But one question, those vehicles with the markings are they original or you just bought a Willy and painted the division markings on it?

Really keep up the good work and impressions !

willysmb44

Really good shots, I’m impressed! I’ve love to get to an event in your country some day. You seem to have the best of both worlds, in that you have the backgrounds and weapons that actually function!

Hi all,

we are portraying the 26th because it was in Czechoslovakia during WWII. Before we find this division we have been diversed into few groups who collected another divisions (1st, 2nd, 90th, 94th Infantry, 82nd Airborne and 16th Armored). We have been cooperated for long time, so we decided to make one big group and we didnt want to prefer any of the divisions we portray before. So we decided to find another one and we choose the 26th because it was most unknown in Czech. We want to bring the glory back to this wariors, so now we are the most well known division in Czech :-D

Our equipment, tents, wehicles and other stuff is from diferent sources. we have a lot of documents about 26th but the only original 26th vehicle we have (and I know about) is GMC 352, bought in Luxenburg where was 26th during WWII. Other vehicles are, of course, restored and repainted.

Now we have around 40 soldiers (divided into HQ, 3 rifle squads, 1 60mm squad and 26th Recon Cavalry in progress). Our vehicle park includes 8 jeeps, dodge WC52, dodge WC54 Carryall, GMC 352, GMC CCKV 353, harley, M8 Greyhound in restoration and for our use we have from friend another M8, M1 halftrack and other vehicles.

Of course, you are warmly welcome to join every our event!

You guys look great! I think it was an excellent idea to choose one unit to portray instead of several. One reason I left reenacting was all of the 5 or 6 man "diivisions" that would show up at an event.

You guys look great! I think it was an excellent idea to choose one unit to portray instead of several. One reason I left reenacting was all of the 5 or 6 man "diivisions" that would show up at an event.

Yes, I know a lot of 6man divisions... I think, that the reason is, that everybody wants to be commander and nobody wants to play small roles in big groups.

WOw! Great photos! Very authentic and great details. You guys look like you know the roles inside and out! I'm very impressed!

Another pictures made on Rolleicord I and developed in the tent during the Victory tour:

http://www.26thid.com/akce/2009/jizda2009alba/classic/album/

Verry nice photographs.

But I drowled a bit when I saw this photograph: http://www.26thid.com/akce/2009/jizda2009a...es/jizda18.html w00t.gif:lol:

You guys have it all worked out, re-enact 26th Infantry Division and have nice girls there. :)

YankeeDiv26

Yes, excellent jobs indeed! Cheers from your sister unit across the pond. Baker Co., 104th IR! Part of New Englands own! It's nice to see you guys represenging a unti with a rich history that isn't seen often by reenactors. The YD had some very notable accomplishments in and outside of combat during WWII. Its especially nice seeing Czech's take such interest in an American unit and interesting to see you portray the YD in their stopping grounds at the end of WWII when we portray (and do events at) their stopping grounds during the beginning of the war. Great job!

www.26yd.com

-Tim

(FYI, I had a great uncle in the YD during WWII and he spent some time in (now) Czech Republic and had some very fond memories there!)

Thanks for kind words!

Can you share the memories or snaps with us? We could make some article on our web site www.26thid.com

Thank you very much

(mail is: [email protected])

You guys are really great in re-enacting the 26th like it should be.

If you ever need some wartime photographs of the 101st Combat Engineer Battalion/Medical Detachment you can PM me I got some photographs of it so.

Anyway I hope to be in Czech-Slowakia this year for the memorial of the 26th. Perhaps I see you guys also.

Cheers

I hope to be in Czech-Slowakia this year for the memorial of the 26th. Perhaps I see you guys also.

We will have next Victory tour probably at 1st to 9th May 2010 and you are all welcome.

Of course, if you are planning to visit Czech Republic, 26YD soldiers will have all support from the 328th!