Packs and rucks

JSOCSFC

RTS, these are for you...

Ask and ye' shall receive.

These are pictures of our "current" rucks. I diddnt include the ALICE packs yet-they are modified,and will be coming tomorrow or so.

1) Arc'terx Large Ruck-use this for ECW and Mountain times of fun. Wanted a Kifaru, Recon Mountaineer or,better yet, Mystery ranch, but they are WAAAAAY out of the pricerange of a National Guard commo guy.

2) Eagle IIIA pack-use this all the time. Has the "standard" Krylon camo spraypainted on it.

3) Gregory Assault pack (Woodland camo)-actually, a great little pack. I rather like it. I have it in 3 color desert also, but it is in the team room. I like the radio compartment and straps also. THIS is a well thought out "little" pack.

4) Gregory Main Pack ("Strap Master2000")- good idea, too many damn straps flopping al over. Cant tape them, as you need to be able to adjust quickly. The strap keepers we spoke about are a great idea for this pack. I included side pockets in the pick,so everyone would see them, but I never use them,as the load shifts roo much and is very unstable. Has a zippered sleeping bad compartment,so u dont have to take everything out of the ruck to get to the bottom, which I do like, and the expandable"lid" is a good idea as well . There is enuff space witrh the pack alone, PLUS ,attach the assault pack, PLUS the "buttpack" that comes with the set-can pretty much haul a Volkswagon. This, was NOT a well thought out idea-needs improvements.

more Eagle IIIa pix, as well as a Gerber "evader" pack, which is a good quick grab pack, but the zipper is not well thought out, and when full, is not easy to zip closed.

I wonder if anybody knows how to do a similar design/shape, but with a better zip/closure design...Hmmm;)

post-2454-1242121128.jpg

post-2454-1242121140.jpg

post-2454-1242121151.jpg

post-2454-1242121193.jpg

OK, The Gregory main pack (3 pix)

...and 1st Pic of Gregory assault pack (1 pic)

Gregory was/is USSOCOM issue only. It is not available for sale to civillian market. As I said, I comes in Woodland and 3 color DCU. Part of the "SPEAR/ELCS" (Special Operations Forces Extended Advanced Requirements/Extended Load Carrying System-I think is what it means)

The Arc'terx is, to me, a better pack,in spite of the zipper running down the length of pack:(

post-2454-1242121570.jpg

post-2454-1242121579.jpg

post-2454-1242121586.jpg

post-2454-1242122066.jpg

3 More of the Gregory assault pack, of the inside 1st compartment as well as radio compartment/straps.

post-2454-1242122186.jpg

post-2454-1242122237.jpg

post-2454-1242122332.jpg

Last pic of Gregory assault pack,plus front and back(tag) pictures of issued PRC119 radio "pack".

It can be worm as a "pack",or attached to CIRAS, a pack ect using the AITES (MOLLEII) straps on rear or it.

It is a well thought out piece, with modular pockes available to attach to the front which is for spare batteries and handset. I like this,personally.

post-2454-1242122634.jpg

post-2454-1242122686.jpg

post-2454-1242122752.jpg

Ok then...

Give me some time, and I will continue with this, for RTS and anyone else who may be interested in current SF issue/private purchase rucks.

OH, NEVER BUY BLACKHAWK PRODUCTS. PM me if you really need to know why.

MODERATORS or anyone else-Please feel free to move, modify or alter pix to take up less space or make them clearer:)

Until next time...

JSOCSFC,

Nice pictures! I have seen the Gregory UM-21/SPEAR Strapmonster for sale privately but it is always extremely overpriced for what you

get, in my opinion. If I recall correctly the pack itself weighs about 15 lbs empty. I for one would love to see more!