Arctic white covers

pezboy

I have recently purchased a white helmet cover, white field pack cover, and a white trousers cover, ECWS (made of a thin nylon ripstop material). I want to complete the set. I'm not sure what exactly I need and what their proper names are, so it's hard finding them. I'm assuming there is a top cover and maybe boot covers. Were there white gloves? Let me know what else I need. Also, if anyone has pics of soldiers in all white, M14s with white stocks, or M16s with white stocks, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

hawkdriver

There are trigger finger mitten covers. The cold weather boots were already white. You should have trouser covers, parka cover, helmet cover, mitten covers, and the pack cover.

Then the final thing you need is a pair of 1968 vintage army issued skies and poles..... which I just happen to have a set! :lol:

msgt norway

here is some of the gear in use.

IMG_3531.jpg

IMG_3530.jpg

vb boots

usmc1970-80coldwweather.jpg

mittens.jpg

vbboots.jpg

pasgthelmetcover.jpg

cheers from ken in norway.

collects us army and usmc arctic gear.

Stopped by a surplus store today to see if they had anything white. I got a pair of the mitten covers. They also had a set of trouser covers that were cotton or 50/50 (not ripstop). The trouser covers I have are nylon. I'm assuming that there is older gear that would go better with a white M1 cover (did they make these?) and newer nylon gear that would go better with the white kevlar cover. Is this correct? Are there nylon glove covers? Is there a white ACH cover? Also, on one of the military supply websites it says there is white MOLLE. Is this true?

Dustin

Stopped by a surplus store today to see if they had anything white. I got a pair of the mitten covers. They also had a set of trouser covers that were cotton or 50/50 (not ripstop). The trouser covers I have are nylon. I'm assuming that there is older gear that would go better with a white M1 cover (did they make these?) and newer nylon gear that would go better with the white kevlar cover. Is this correct? Are there nylon glove covers? Is there a white ACH cover? Also, on one of the military supply websites it says there is white MOLLE. Is this true?

Dustin

There is suppossidly a white ACH cover and white MOLLE gear but I have never seen either, and I've been stationed in Alaska for almost 4 years! When I arrived in Alaska in late 2005 I was issued the entire marshmellow costume and they were handing out cotton and nylon items side by side. It didn't matter to CIF what material it was made out of. The cotton items did seem to be older. The CIF there has never issued white ACH covers to my knowledge. We call them "over whites" and they are worn over the ECWCS (i.e. Goretex) uniform. I've only ever worn the set once.

Vance

We were issued over whites when I served in Germany in 1986-1989. I only remember receiving the coat and trousers. No mickey mouse boots, no white gloves or anything else. Of course there was much of a selection either. I wore a large long, but the only size we had for the overwhites was medium and small.

msgt norway

havent found any white m1 covers,only kevlar covers in nylon.

they used old white t shirts over the m1 or paint it white.

the different thing about cotton and nylon are a smal color change

the cotton goes a bit yellow the nylon more white,dont age so much.

when it comes to mittens i have only seen cotton cover to those.

molle gear i dont know anything about..

cheers from ken in norway

El Bibliotecario

When I was in a light infantry unit with a cold weather mission in the early 80s all overwhites were cotton. In a woodland environment only the bottoms were worn, the idea being that a figure with an OD parka and white legs would better blend into the forest. In the field the overwhite trousers rapidly became dirty, especially on the knees. One could always tell the staff and HQ people by their pristine white overwhite trousers.

Thanks for the replies and the pics. I guess I'll have to keep searching to find a nylon top and set of cotton top and bottom.

Dustin