The Holy Grail has arrived

hawkdriver

craig_pickrall

That is the one that we have pretty much agreed is the USMC version. The lower poncho straps have been removed on the one for sell at your link.

This one has the straps I mentioned.

post-5-1241879586.jpg

craig_pickrall

I'm betting someone wants it that bad and if there are two or more then let the bidding wars begin.

We've had similar threads like this before wondering about where these prices come from for field gear.

You'll note the seller is located in Hong Kong. Some Asian collectors seem almost fanatical about getting the "right gear" for their impressions. The seller may be basing the price on what his best customers might be paying in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan.

88thcollector

hi,

What am i missing here? There seems to be a lot of strong opinions over an auction that has just started.

Are you saying it is fake? Is $1.04 really that high of a price? I can't understand the uproar over the price, the price is unknown.

The BIN may be high, I don't know but no one has a clue what the reserve is. The shipping is reasonable from Hong Kong, at least based on what I have paid in the past.

Mercenary25
hi,

What am i missing here? There seems to be a lot of strong opinions over an auction that has just started.

Are you saying it is fake? Is $1.04 really that high of a price? I can't understand the uproar over the price, the price is unknown.

The BIN may be high, I don't know but no one has a clue what the reserve is. The shipping is reasonable from Hong Kong, at least based on what I have paid in the past.

It is legit, but the seller is asking $350 buy it now.

88thcollector
It is legit, but the seller is asking $350 buy it now.

Oh, gee, that is called free enterprise. It will be interesting to see how high the auction goes.

What do they typically sell for?

hawkdriver

I contacted the seller to as what the reserve price was and he responded with $300, but if I was interested, he would drop the price some. I'm thinking that if I win the lottery and get stinking rich, I may buy it!

:unsure: uhh well I would like to get that piece of equipment but I'd be eventually willing to pay that BIN price ONLY if it is one of the 10 pieces produced!I am sure that,as someone else has stated in another thread about the M67 buttpack, somewhere in some old and full of dust warehouse in the world the US Army has forgotten tons of these buttpacks.Now if someone could only find that place and could send me a PM I would be able to arrange the collect of all the material,maybe asking Hawkdrive if he could lend me one UH 60 or anything similar just for few hours ;) .....

You find it, I'll fly it! Speaking of which, time to head off to the KC show!!!

bravo.gif roger that,I'll let you know when and where as soon as I find the warehouse and then we'll flood the market with unissued M67 buttpacks!

You've got it all wrong. You can't tell anyone you have them. First you'd sell me one for $20 (heck, I'll even pay shipping), then you'd sell the rest one at a time on eBay. People will catch on after you're rich!

Dustin

You've got it all wrong. You can't tell anyone you have them. First you'd sell me one for $20 (heck, I'll even pay shipping), then you'd sell the rest one at a time on eBay. People will catch on after you're rich!

Dustin

I know where the warehouse was and how I paid for much of my University degree :)

I do have one or two around here though.

T-Bone

You guys have it all figured out w00t.gif

Seriously though, for a while M-1967 Suspenders were rare and expensive then all of a sudden they started going for $10 -15 and they were everywhere- they still are.

I guess someone did find the lost ark of the M-1967 Suspenders.