If you ever wondered what NEW jungle boots looked like,

T-Bone

They are dated 6/67, and have been in a warehouse for a very long time. I grabbed two pair, thought I grabbed the same size but these are one size too big for me. They are 13XW. They are in the For Sale section also but I wanted to show you all these beauties.

In case you wonder, my 12XW feel like ballet slippers :) Oh the joy of boots that fit right!

post-5772-1241822909.jpg

post-5772-1241822921.jpg

post-5772-1241822931.jpg

T-Bone

They are dated 6/67, and have been in a warehouse for a very long time. I grabbed two pair, thought I grabbed the same size but these are one size too big for me. They are 13XW. They are in the For Sale section also but I wanted to show you all these beauties.

In case you wonder, my 12XW feel like ballet slippers :) Oh the joy of boots that fit right!

post-5772-1241822909.jpg

post-5772-1241822921.jpg

post-5772-1241822931.jpg

T-Bone

Yep, I hear you on the boots!! :D I have about 6 pair left from an original QM case of 1968 Vibram sole 11 REGULAR boots that I bought along with a bunch of Rip-Stop Jungle Fatigue / ERDL coats, trousers, M65's, and field gear that had been in storage and was never issued. I still have some of it left, but have sold 80 pairs of boots and over 125 sets of OG-107's in a time span of 3 weeks.

Adam

I still find these in thrift stores with the tags on them.

Really? I have found some great pairs in thrift shops but RARELY in my size.

I had better luck in Alaska than here in Louisiana.

Now flightsuits are a different story, I have pulled a ton of NEW, ie tags attached, suits in all sizes.

Guess it depends on where you are.

T

I bought one pair from, I think, Omaha's a while back that were brand new, never issued, old stock. They're made by the Bata boot company and had the tags on them and the original insoles and everything. I'm a very hard size to find boots for, too, considering I wear a men's 5.5 Wide... (I usually end up having to make a size 6 Regular work).

A friend of mine was paging through the Sportsman's Guide printed catalog about 10 years ago and spotted them being listed for mail order. At first he thought the were commercial copies, but the care tag that you see in the above photos looked dead on. He ordered a set and darn if they weren't Government Issue. He ordered about 5 pairs to use with his displays and let me in on them. I ordered 10 of them for resale. Three of them were Beta manufactured, and all of them were date stamped for early in the war. They all sold very nicely.

The funny part is the genuine surplus ones were less expensive than the commercial made ones!