What era is the blanket in this pic?

Sgt. Rob P.

Sgt. Rob P.

Hello folks, was wondering if anyone could give a time period for the blanket I picked up yesterday that is in this pic. (along with my other finds) The blankets era is unknown to me as it is not something I have researched much on. There is no tag.

ImportedPhotos00020-3.jpg

Semper Fi, Rob

Could be any era. I have a blanket like that, the one I spent many nights under in the 1980's.

Sgt. Rob P.

DocRick, I remember my blankets having a solid U.S. I served in the Corps 1985 to 1991. I curious if this is just a diffrent newer variation or is it older? If you had this style I am thinking now diffrent variation???

Semper Fi, Rob

is it wool or not? I have recently seen new ones that appear to be some sort or synthetic fiber. the revolver shown is a commonly avalible (and cheap) Russian nagant.

Sgt. Rob P.

hawkdiver, I'll get pics up of the edge in a couple days, it smells very musty and the wife took it to the dry cleaners. As for the revolver, it is a 1937 Tula M1895 Nagant. I don't pick up much non U.S. stuff, but do look for representative examples of firearms from other nations in WWII. A near by Army Navy store gets them in. After educating myself on them a few years ago I have been sifting through shipments looking for one that appears non-rearsenaled. (The owner is a freind and gives me heads up on things like this etc.) Well this one finally showed up and met my standards.

mattdus, yes it is wool, not synthetic. And yes the revolver was cheap, however I could make a few bucks on the collector market with it (were I so inclined, but am not) as only about 1 in 20 or 30 M1895's that are imported appear to be non arsenal refinished. If you order one from a distributer the vast majority are war time dated refurbs.

Semper Fi, Rob

DocRick, I remember my blankets having a solid U.S. I served in the Corps 1985 to 1991. I curious if this is just a diffrent newer variation or is it older? If you had this style I am thinking now diffrent variation???

Semper Fi, Rob

Oorah, Rob

Mine has the outline US like the picture. Was issued to me in 1980 and followed me around for 5 years then came home with me. No tags or anything, it is wool and has whip stitched edging.

Doc Rick