CHAPLAIN WW2 US JUMP WINGS

JULIO ZARY

Yes, somebody told me about there are no photographic evidences that these are for real, but I would like to know your opinions on this one:

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/OtherNation...os/C030761.html

A long time ago I found this information on the web, but unfortunatelly I didnt find it again, so this is why I am asking for help.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a recent thread about chaplains wings: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=chaplain+wings

Forum member Chap15 is a current Chaplain in the Army and is also a Chaplains historian, he makes it clear that these are not legitimate. I take his statements very seriously and would have to agree that Chaplains wings, such as those that you posted, are bogus.

pconrad02

It's one of Joe W's : From his site:

post-182-1241786720.jpg

$45.00

From the other site:

post-182-1241786915.jpg

$298.00

SAME WING

It's one of Joe W's : From his site:

post-182-1241786720.jpg

$45.00

From the other site:

post-182-1241786915.jpg

$298.00

SAME WING

imagine that!

JULIO ZARY

Some guys are saying that this was a non-regular badges, and I believe this, but maybe these could be made under chaplains' request :blink:

More opinions?

Some guys are saying that this was a non-regular badges, and I believe this, but maybe these could be made under chaplains' request :blink:

More opinions?

Highly doubtful. Chaplains already were wearing their collar crosses which made them easily recognizable to soldiers as to who they were. To put a cross on their Airborne wings would be somewhat senseless. Airborne Chaplains wore those wings with as much honor as any other soldier. They really had no reason to add to their wings. I suppose anything is possible but with the number of Airborne Chaplains wings that can be found at any show, I'd say that all your seeing is a lot of fantasy pieces. I wish they were real, I've got a set in my collection also. It would be nice to see the value go up on it. ;)

JULIO ZARY

And if we analyse just the wings, without the cross, what would be your opinions? I think this is a way to make this question conclusive, although I think it's already.

Thanks to all people that put your opinions here thumbsup.gif

And if we analyse just the wings, without the cross, what would be your opinions? I think this is a way to make this question conclusive, although I think it's already.

Thanks to all people that put your opinions here thumbsup.gif

Julio,

This thread a couple threads under this one will answer your question. The wings are repros from the get-go. You will be able to find the guy's website who makes them in the thread. Enjoy the education! ;)

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...t=0&start=0

-Ski

JULIO ZARY

It would let our job easier, isn't it Baker? It´s sad!!!! pinch.gif

And thanks Ski thumbsup.gif

Just think if he had marked them as fake someplace on the wing there wouldn't be this issue....Hmmmm

the maker says that if he marked them repo/copy some one could remove the repo/copy marking and sell them as real.

this way no one has to do any extra work removing repo or copy from the back and leave any telltale signs that they have been messed with and less will be sold as real

look at his posts under medic jump wing

anyways these wings are pure fantasy/ fake/ repo whichever term you prefer

With all of the symbolism tied to the Cross, I just cannot see a dedicated chaplain placing it on a military symbol such as jump wings.

I'd rate this as a fantasy piece designed to lure money from eager buyers looking for the rare and exotic.