WIRE SPLINT

Richard101

Richard101
post-5692-1241725261.jpgI have a wire splint DAVIES CO.INC EMERGENCY EQUIPMENT pat march 18 1924 just wondering if theres any info on it if its part of a kit or just general issue thanks for any help Richard thumbsup.gifthink.gif

craig_pickrall

There are some of the metal box kits that have these splints as standard items. You will see them in other kits as items added by the medic. They are especially common in airborne kits due to the number of legs injuries on jumps.

I have the same splint, came in a Mine Safety product box, dated 1920's. It is my understanding that the Navy and Marines were not so particular as the Army, so they bought up medical materials from any company that made or sold them, including Davis, Mine Safety, etc, even Bell Telephone.

I have the same splint, came in a Mine Safety product box, dated 1920's. It is my understanding that the Navy and Marines were not so particular as the Army, so they bought up medical materials from any company that made or sold them, including Davis, Mine Safety, etc, even Bell Telephone.

Along with the companies DocRick has listed I have exactly the same size pack produced by Burroughs Wellcome and A. E. Halperin

Cheers

Martyn