WWI uniform offered to, what do you guys think?

rrobertscv

rrobertscv

I have been offered this uniform at a very good price. What do you guys think about it and what is a fair price for it? I don't know anything about WWI items. I have a few more photos if needed.

uni_0018.jpg

uni_0022.jpg

USshov_0025.jpg

uni_0023.jpg

uni_0021.jpg

rrobertscv

I came across it this morning, I've been looking for a WWI uniform for the local museum and wanted to see if it was good. I emailed the owner hoping they might offer a buy it now. You guys don't bid me up and make me lose it. w00t.gif

FightenIrish35

like Beau Wright said i think 125ish would be a good price...and if its id'd then of course that would add a little to the 125....just my 2 cents pinch.gif

The pants and hat appear to be WWII, only the jacket looks WWI but it is hard to tell for sure from the poor pictures.

Bob Hudson
The pants and hat appear to be WWII, only the jacket looks WWI but it is hard to tell for sure from the poor pictures.

I've adjusted the photos a bit:

wwib.jpg

wwia.jpg

mark headlee

My opinion, the overseas cap looks WWI. I've a British mad overseas cap that looks very much like that one. The pants though look like 1918 straight legs, but I could be wrong. If they are, the price quoted above is a steal!

With the picture lightened and a closer look I think you are right the pants do look like the hard to find 1918 Straight Leg. Also the hat is WWI but it looks more like the French style to me. Note the drop in the curtain both in the front and back.