WW2 Shovel Case

PaulsAirsoftArmory

PaulsAirsoftArmory

I go to Cabela's a lot. It is in sight of my house :rolleyes: So I was a bit surprised when I saw what was for sale. They are always selling guns, but if they happen to have a Garand or another WW2 gun, they put it in a glass case with s practice grenade, a few clips, maybe a 1911, and a shovel case. I was always interested in the shovel case, but I never expected them to sell it. Last weekend, I run up there to pick up some CO2 cartridges for my bb guns, and what do you know? Cabela's is having a firearms memorabilia sale. Mostly old holsters for foreign guns and some newer stuff, but under all that mess was the 1945 dated shovel carrier that was always on display w00t.gif I immediately grabbed it for the price of only $5!

FILE0009.jpg

Do all the backs look like this?

FILE0024.jpg

FILE0025.jpg

Seems to read: Q JIM STEWART & STEVENSON 1945

FILE0023.jpg

Looks better with my 1944 AMES (was only $6!) shovel in it!

FILE0019.jpg

M1Marksman

Not all the backs look like that one. Mine does not have multiple attaching points for the hanger.

PaulsAirsoftArmory
Not all the backs look like that one. Mine does not have multiple attaching points for the hanger.

I thought it seemed strange...

That was introduced later in the war due to complaining that the e-tool would hang too low from the pack when sitting down. The way to solve that was to make the cover adjustable. I think it was done starting in 1944.