Bailey bridge spotted locally

willysmb44

willysmb44

I had a roll of film developed recently from a camera I keep in my SUV "just in case." When I got the film back two days ago, I had forgotten I had taken these photos. I thought this was pretty neat, a temporary bridge over the Chehalis River (in SW WA state) over the summer, and I found out it was a real Bailey Bridge, standing in for one of the many bridges washed out in the 2007 floods that devastated the area that winter:

baileyB.jpg

baileyB2.jpg

I found a DOT website discussion on the bridge: http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/News/2007/12/27_Va...TBridgeCrew.htm I’m now trying to get together a few guys from my living history group to do some photos of some GI’s and vehicles going across it. I think you could get low-angle shots between the ends of the bridge looking at vehicles coming forward which would look pretty good. Crying shame on the modern guardrail but you can’t have everything.

It would sure make a good background to some re-enactment photos thats for sure thumbsup.gif

I know of a few here in Australia that exist. There is a rather large one on the range at Holsworthy(bigger then the one in the pics). There is a smaller one outside the same range.

I am not sure if there is any in my state of Victoria.

It would sure make a good background to some re-enactment photos thats for sure thumbsup.gif

I know of a few here in Australia that exist. There is a rather large one on the range at Holsworthy(bigger then the one in the pics). There is a smaller one outside the same range.

I am not sure if there is any in my state of Victoria.

There is one in Northern Israel on the way to the Golan, It is in beautiful shape and there are no plans to replace it that I know of. It was thrown across in 1967.

T-Bone

There is one in Northern Israel on the way to the Golan, It is in beautiful shape and there are no plans to replace it that I know of. It was thrown across in 1967.

T-Bone

Any chance it was put up by the British and just well maintained.