data base for B-17 names??

mjerickson

mjerickson

Anyone know of a data base for names of 8th AAF bombers? my Uncle flew as a waist and belly gunner on Double Trouble. Thats all my Aunt can remember. She does have his leather flight jacket with it panited on the back but no paper work.

thanks

Mike

316th FS 324th FG

42-3082 was a B-17F from the 333rd BS, 94th Bomb Group was known as Double Trouble. They flew out of England. The Osprey Book, b17 Flying Fortress Units has a colour plate of it.

If this is the right unit, you may want to check in with their Veterans Association - http://www.94thbombgroup.com/

Good luck

Doug

mjerickson

THAT IS TRUELY AMAZING, the girl sitting down showing leg is EXACTLY THE SAME girl thats on the back of his jacket. Im speechless.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH DOUG.

Mike

Wow. Is there any way you can take a shot of the jacket? What a piece of history your family owns!

-Ski

mjerickson

My aunt now lives in AZ I belive my sister and her husband are going to Vegas in early June for a wedding and were planing on going to see her Ill have them take pics.

Mike

316th FS 324th FG

Glad to help!

As Ski said, we would love to see a picture of the jacket. Also, what was your uncle's name? I know one of the waist gunners on Double Trouble was hit in the head with flak shrapnel on his 23rd mission and got a ticket home.

mjerickson

My Uncle was Joseph Haradsky he was not wounded as far as I know. Ive seen his ribbon bar with the American Camp, ETO, and good conduct. I want to say he also had the air medal (blue and orange) its been quite a while since I saw the items. One I do remember is a spent bullet that he said came in the plane and dropped in his boot.