Antique shop find: jump wings & box

I found these in a little antiques store (more of a junk shop, really) outside of Fort Monroe, Virginia. I don't know a whole lot about jump wings, so if anyone could give me more information about these and the box they came with, and an idea of what they're worth (if anything), I would very much appreciate it.

post-5108-1241402988.jpg

post-5108-1241402994.jpg

post-5108-1241402999.jpg

post-5108-1241403004.jpg

Vewry nice find! Wonder if that is the original box they came in? Nice WW2 era set regardless!

Arch

Wonder if that is the original box they came in?

I don't know whether that's the original box or not, but it certainly looks like they've been in this box for a fair amount of time.

Those are a nice set of WW2 era jump wings with a nice box. I'd say in the $65 or so range.

Arch

I found these in a little antiques store (more of a junk shop, really) outside of Fort Monroe, Virginia. I don't know a whole lot about jump wings, so if anyone could give me more information about these and the box they came with, and an idea of what they're worth (if anything), I would very much appreciate it.

i have an identical box which came with a durocharm marked wing in it they certianly look like a nice ww2 pin back wing very nice find brian

John Cooper

So how are you guys dating them as WW2 wings. I do not collect jump wings but I imagine some of the same rules of thumb apply. Anyone care to discuss the technical details of the wings?

John

So how are you guys dating them as WW2 wings. I do not collect jump wings but I imagine some of the same rules of thumb apply. Anyone care to discuss the technical details of the wings?

John

John it appears to be an unmarked patent patern wing with a pinback. Pinbacks were mandatory until 1945 on jump wings because of the patent usually ww2 wings were marked sterling but i have one identical this and have seen many others unmarked and atributed to the ww2 era probably a graduation wing (after the first few classes which got BB&B marked wings) as most had a flat solid back like this one and were unmarked or only marked sterling brian