Antique Store - (Nam era?) Tool bag/flashlight + Web Belt

WWIIEnthusiast123

WWIIEnthusiast123

Found these at a local antique store. It's a good haul for randomly walking into a store that looks like it only sells used lamps :) . There's a tool bag and light that I think are from nam and a web belt that is most likely from WWII but isn't stamped. Any thoughts about what era they're from?

Thanks - WWIIEnthusiast

post-5860-1241399888.jpg

post-5860-1241399910.jpg

post-5860-1241399939.jpg

post-5860-1241399962.jpg

WWIIEnthusiast123

Ha you're right :) Saw the holes but put aside the fact that they were only on one side of the belt (+The store put a tag on it labeled "Web Belt" ;) )

hey ww11 Ethusiast how are you doing....first off the tool bag is for a M -151(jeep) and back in the day it was called ( O.V.M kit) it stood for operator vehicle mantaince...later bags were rubberized fabric it held basic operator mantinace items for the jeep of the times ...the belt is a bogus civilian linemans belt... the flashlight looks like the regular TL-122-C flashlight that was put together from parts of a (mine safety) type of flashlight (the type used for flammable gas etc)...or the black parts could have been painted black by the G.I who had the flashlight....any way the flashlight is way post vietnam war issue because of the CRIMP in the belt hook...good luck ...vince g. 11b inf...

....any way the flashlight is way post vietnam war issue because of the CRIMP in the belt hook...

To my knowledge the 122C was the third production model of the TL-122 series light, being replaced before the end of WWII by the TL-122-D. The D model was produced after the war, but was later replaced the the MX-991 and other models.

As far as the crimp in the belt hook goes, all of my WWII TL-122s have this crimp. I would say it is standard feature, and would be very interested to see a light without this crimp.

I would say you have a WWII era light body with an assortment of other parts added to it.

But that's just my 2 cents ;)

Cheers,

Fletcher

Durandal is right. Just to have an idea you can see the WWII set with TL122A,B,C,D.

i stand corrected you guys.. i'm not familier with the early TL122A series of flashlights ...i am familier with the later mx-991 series of flashlight and from the 70's to the mid 80's the belt hook was more flater and from about the mid 80's you started to see the crimp and protective "ears" around the swtich..i still have my MX-991 and it has the flat belt hook no ears...amoung other things the crimp held better on the metal ring of your H or Y L.B.E harnes than did the older flater issues of the hook... you could get the MX-flashlight from your supply guy or any Army P.X. or clothing sales store and still can today... hey WW11Enthusiast123 good luck with your gear....vince g. 11b inf...