Folding mess table

robinb

Anyone have a picture of a WW2 or earlier floding mess table? I believe that I have located one, but before I commit to buy it, I'd like to be sure of what I'm looking at.

craig_pickrall

There are photos of various folding tables in the series of QM and MED manuals for issue to large units. Lots of variety there.

I already checked the supply catalogs. No pictures of folding mess tables, although they are listed. The one I'm looking at is wood about 7' long, with folding steel legs that are made of 3/4" round stock. Once unfolded, there are 2 steel rods with hooks on the ends that hold the legs in position. No markings that I could see.

craig_pickrall

There is a photo of one called a dining table in the MED catalog. It looks to be 6 or 7 FT long. I can't tell if that is the same as the one listed in the QM catalog with no photo. The one in the MED catalog has a MED stock number. There was another food prep table that had a more substanical set of folding legs too. I think it was in one of the QM catalogs.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking a couple pictures of it. Does it look familiar to anybody?

MVC_007S.JPG

MVC_008S.JPG