AERO-SQUADRON PHOTOGRAPHS

cpatrick

Greetings,

I just purchased the remains of a WWI photo-scrapbook, which belonged to an officer in the US Signal Corps - Air Service. He was attached to an air-wing, if you will, and I am trying to figure out if there is any way to find out which plane numbers correspond to a specific squadron? I will have pictures up, as well as a better description, but I wanted to get a head start on this.

Of interest, one plane looks like a "flying carp". Also an unpublished pic of Wilson walking down the steps at Versailles..... Good stuff...

Chris

Thanks Gunbarrel!! That is a great site. I could not find the specific information that I need, but it still has quite a bit of valuable information. I will see about tomorrow afternoon getting some pics. It has been a while since I have supplied some "fresh" stuff to any forum... Most are just old pictures of my collection on my hard drive.....

Thanks again... And if anyone else can offer any info, I would be very happy. Some of the numbers are: 941 & 567. Those are two that stand out the best - the others are covered up by other planes.... It looks like the better part of a squadron that was pictured.

Chris

• 1 year later...

Chris -

Did you ever get an answer to this - the Flying Fish sounds familiar ....

Does it look like this ?

post-4331-1224878649.jpg

-Mike

• 5 months later...