Reproduction STABOs, any interest?

RTS

As some of you may know, I make (modern) tactical nylon gear. Since I have the correct sewing machines and I've done an extensive

amount of harness fabrication at one of the largest commercial safety harness manufacturers in the US, I am tossing this out there to see

who is interested. Due to the expense and scarcity of authentic STABOs, I am interested in hearing from the reenacting community who would

like a modern STABO replica. Assembly would be to original specifications out of modern parachute spec and rated hardware and materials

sourced from a parachute rigger's supply. I would try to keep the price reasonable, naturally. Any interest? Does anybody have good detail

shots of STABOs? A STABO TM?

I would be as well.

Roger That, add me to the list please.

Somewhere I may have a spec sheet or sketch, I used to know where it was.

T

YankeeDiv26

I know someone who's done this already and had great sucess on a small run of STABO's. They're quite a popular piece of gear with reenactors and airsofters. I'd suggest going to this forum and posting the same thread, you should get A LOT of bites.

www.vietnamairsoft.com

-Tim

I know someone who's done this already and had great sucess on a small run of STABO's. They're quite a popular piece of gear with reenactors and airsofters. I'd suggest going to this forum and posting the same thread, you should get A LOT of bites.

www.vietnamairsoft.com

-Tim

Tim,

There appears to be a guy there named Alex? who already repro's them...don't want to step on his toes.

Tim,

There appears to be a guy there named Alex? who already repro's them...don't want to step on his toes.

Yeah, I know him aswell. selling sometimes stabos in ebay and airsoft forums

I know Alex and he has sold his STABOS to most of teh people on vietnamairsoft.com and to lots of reenacters in the UK. Goes under teh name of repro_stabos on ebay. He does all 3 patterns of STABOS etc

Very good quality stuff.

The only problem with Alex's stabos from what I can see in the pictures on VN airsoft is that he might not be using the correct thread size for the harness. Emphasis on 'might', I can't tell very well from the pictures on there. I would prefer to keep things friendly and not get in his way over there. If you guys would like them here I am still game.

I saw stabo making instructions few months ago some site (Japanese,Thailand...who knows?)

Maybe i should dig it again.

There was all nesessary information (parts,size of straps etc.)

Is your STABO up to FAA regulations,I.E...Can I use it for actual STABO or one for SPIE ops?

I would be interested, if it could be made with some modifications-I dont care one bit about "historical accuracy".

Also, would you be willing/do you make custom tactical nylon designs? I am currently in the Army, and have a few ideas for a tactcal MOLLE or LBV design,and there aren't many REASONABLE priced designs out there anymore, as Blackhawk (especialyy), Eagle, Paraclete, SOE, BDS and all the others see a chance to bend over and give it to soldiers,as they know we need/want better designs than are issued,and know when deploying and you think your life and mission depend on it, you wil find a way to come up with the ridiculous amount they charge for their product. Although well made, it is just too much mant times.

Feel free to PM me or email me,I look forward to hearing from you,and good luck in your endeavors.

SFC C

Is your STABO up to FAA regulations,I.E...Can I use it for actual STABO or one for SPIE ops?

I would be interested, if it could be made with some modifications-I dont care one bit about "historical accuracy".

Also, would you be willing/do you make custom tactical nylon designs? I am currently in the Army, and have a few ideas for a tactcal MOLLE or LBV design,and there aren't many REASONABLE priced designs out there anymore, as Blackhawk (especialyy), Eagle, Paraclete, SOE, BDS and all the others see a chance to bend over and give it to soldiers,as they know we need/want better designs than are issued,and know when deploying and you think your life and mission depend on it, you wil find a way to come up with the ridiculous amount they charge for their product. Although well made, it is just too much mant times.

Feel free to PM me or email me,I look forward to hearing from you,and good luck in your endeavors.

SFC C

SFC C,

As far as FAA regulations, I don't know specifically of any for STABOs. I am not a rigger, I will say that much. I have done more harness work at

a commercial safety harness factory (probably fabricated 5,000+ harnesses or so) than most riggers ever will unless they work at a factory.

All the hardware and webbing for these will be coming from a parachute rigger's supply, fabricated on a Class 7 machine with rated thread

to parachute manufacturing standards according to Poynter's Parachute Manuals Vols 1 and 2, the FAA's most recent rigger's manual and the

MOS manual for 92R. Would I personally wear one of these harnesses to do SPIE/STABO stuff? Yes. Does the end user do so at his/her own

risk? Yes. My primary intention for these is that they present an affordable alternative to a rare original item. Please feel free to contact me about

your custom gear needs, I think you'll find my prices a bit more in line with reality.

Thanks,

RTS

Just a quick bump to the top, I am trying to meet some minimums in the hardware for these so I need anybody else who wants in to leave

a message...thanks

SpikeBayonet

Go ahead and add me to the list of "interested parties" - a nice repro STABO would go great with my Vietnam collection.

OK,

Looks like we've got 6-7 interested parties, that was the tipping point for me to get a materials discount and bring the

price down a bit. We're looking at about $120-$130 a pop plus shipping. PM me with contact info and I will share payment

details. I am still looking for the instructions that MHK mentioned and the TM for Stabos keeps eluding me. I have a fair

amount of information so far but more never hurts. First one to come up with the TM and or the instructions gets a discount.

RTS, when you got 1st stabo done, maybe you should post few pics here.

Im quite sure that others might want also after that.

Mhk,

I am sure that will work out for the future batches. At the moment I need enough guys together to get a materials discount so that

I can keep the prices low.

OK,

Got my materials order together, time for interested parties to commit. I need 6-7 firm orders to cover the cost of materials and shop

time....might be some extras down the road. PM me so I can get the ball rolling gentlemen.

I'd be interested in seeing one as well. Might even be wanting to buy one. :lol::lol:

Arch