101st MP grouping recent pick up

Baker502

here's one I just picked up this weekend, the man was int he 101st MP platoon making all the operations of the 101st Abn. Div. alot of neat stuff, including his dogtags, overseas caps, German bring backs. Photo's tell the rest.. Paul

post-512-1240860520.jpg

Hi Paul,

Absolutely love this grouping!

Perhaps you can post a pic of that small display case top right?

Thanks!

Bart P.

Kurt Barickman

Paul,

Nice, very nice group. In the history, is John Brown mentioned? thumbsup.gif

Kurt Barickman

post-512-1240875175.jpg

2-SWEET,

Havent seen this patch done in this style material.Is it gold on Green ? Or is it black.

Thanks for all the extra pics Paul.Some very uncommon booklets pertaining to the 101st you hardly ever see.

RD

Brian Dentino

An outstanding grouping for sure! I love the glider patch! What do you think, German occupation made? That would be my guess for one of his fancy parade uniforms? Very cool group............

By the construction of the patch I think it's English made. It is kelly green back ground on the patch.. Thanks for the comments Paul

Given the design, it should be a British-made patch, same as the branch-coloured fully-embroidered patches in the range.

Never seen one like it, and have saved the pic for future reference with other Brit-made ones.

Cheers,

Glen.

Kurt Barickman

I had one just like from the family of John Brown who also served with 101st MP platoon and was KIA in Normandy. They had a early style glider and parachute patch. Both yellow with green background.

Kurt Barickman

currahee506
By the construction of the patch I think it's English made. It is kelly green back ground on the patch.. Thanks for the comments Paul

Paul:

They didn't use English thread during WWII did they?? think.gif:lol:

Great find my friend. IT truly has a good home.