WWII Ribbon BAR ETO HELP!?!?

ASMIC2971

I am going through my grandfathers trunk, he was in the 82nd Airborne during WWII, Im trying to go through and document each piece for insurance and reference. Where would tis ribbon bar have been made. I know it was from before he w as awarded his BS and WWII Victory Medal. My questions then are 1) Where was it made? and 2) How much is it worth? (I dont know what campiagns he served in 100% but my best guess is Sicily, Salerno, Market Garden and Vessel GA...I dont know and his records were burned in the fire) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-5665-1240619525.jpg

post-5665-1240619533.jpg

101combatvet

Very nice.... I have a few of these. Based on the construction they appear to be English made.

I think realistically $20.... others may pay more. These are his campaigns Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Anzio, Normandy, the Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe. Most guys that were in the division came out of the war with six campaign stars.

I am going through my grandfathers trunk, he was in the 82nd Airborne during WWII, Im trying to go through and document each piece for insurance and reference. Where would tis ribbon bar have been made. I know it was from before he w as awarded his BS and WWII Victory Medal. My questions then are 1) Where was it made? and 2) How much is it worth? (I dont know what campiagns he served in 100% but my best guess is Sicily, Salerno, Market Garden and Vessel GA...I dont know and his records were burned in the fire) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very nice.... I have a few of these. Based on the construction they appear to be English made.

I think realistically $20.... others may pay more. These are his campaigns Sicily, Naples-Foggia, Anzio, Normandy, the Rhineland, Ardennes-Alsace and Central Europe. Most guys that were in the division came out of the war with six campaign stars.

Actually, I thought that that would be a rarity considering battle losses. If a para from the 82nd made it through all the campaigns, he was one lucky SOB.. I think the ribbons are worth more like $10-15.

-SKi

Im working on my grandpas record, he passed away when I was 8 so I never really got to talk to him about his service. I remember I asked him once if he ever killed anyone when I was 6 and I cant still see the look on his face today! He was a rigger with the 505th PIR but his answer was "It was a war Andrew...." After that my dad told me never to ask that question to anyone. Now in my twenties and in the service I see why. (I think im going to title my book on him "I was dumb, once and young..haha!) Anyways I will post more of his items as I dig them out of his trunk.

This ribbon bar was originally on his Ike Jacket when I found it but out of respect I changed his ribbon bar to reflect the medals he was awarded including his CIB transition to BS.

I forgot to mention he made four combat jumps!