WWI PAINTED HELMETS

BEAST

Thanks, I've many, many more, still familiarizing with the forum template and image re-sizing regs... :dry:

Great helmets. I've enjoyed seeing them. Thanks for posting the pics.

Complete with liner and chinstrap, top of the helmet has what looks to be an incised wagon wheel(?).

Cheers,

Cody

post-154171-0-74232100-1410311071.jpg

i assume thats a bullet hole?

A previously positioned EGA, then painted, then re-EGA'd(?)...?

Thanks for looking,

Cody

Still familiarizing with the forum template, drawing upon my archives which will fit within forum req's, apologies if this is a repost. Bought for me by my buddy TK from a cell-phone pic while he was at an SOS event; ain't technology wonderful(when it works, which, is most of the time).

26th ID, 101st FA

Thanks for looking,

Cody

post-154171-0-40281100-1410836528.jpg

Still familiarizing with the forum template, drawing upon my archives which will fit within forum req's, apologies if this is a repost. Bought for me by my buddy TK from a cell-phone pic while he was at an SOS event; ain't technology wonderful(when it works, which, is most of the time).

26th ID, 101st FA

Thanks for looking,

Cody

Crap, it was repost...Mods, can you fix? Let's try another, a 23rd Inf, HQ...

Thanks for putting-up with my incompetence at this image-size "thing".

Thanks for looking,

Cody

post-154171-0-07337400-1410836985.jpg

23rd Inf, MG(?). When I bought it off eBay the seller included the ever-popular descriptor "has odor". :huh: Cool piece none the less.

Thanks for looking,

Cody

post-154171-0-71760600-1411001411.jpg

A previously positioned EGA, then painted, then re-EGA'd(?)...?

Thanks for looking,

Cody

Cody

OUTSTANDING helmet collection.

The USMC helmets can been seen with two holes.Not un common to see the EGA moved higher or above the insignia after being painted.

Thanks for posting.

Do any of you have a picture of a painted helmet for First Gas and Flame or Chemical division? I've been looking for one for a while, and have only seen one on ebay that was not in the condition that I was hoping for. Would love to see pictures of any out there....especially if it was one I could pry away from you :)

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I never tire of seeing your great collection, Cody! Nice to see you on here, as a fellow newbie to this forum.

This is my only WW1 painted helmet, a 40th Division souvenir helmet. My grandfather went to France in September, 1918. This is not his helmet, but I got it to commemorate his service. The 40th was a replacement division, and from his diary I understand they had plenty of time on their hands. So this may have been painted during or just after the war, perhaps on the boat back to the USA.

post-101060-0-42852100-1413696630.jpg

• 3 weeks later...