WWI PAINTED HELMETS

BEAST

post-551-1229717161.jpgpost-551-1229717121.jpg

Thought I would post my two painted Helmets. The 89th I bought as a grouping. The Helmet is crudley painted by brush. The 30th I got fron the Vets son but he knew nothing of his dads service or even if the helmet was his

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my latest. Beautifully preserved 101st Sanitary Train / 103rd field Hospital ID'd to Pvt. William K. Thompson

101st_Sanitation_Train_001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Firstsonsofthenation
Here's my Lt. Frank C. David helmet. More information about this helmet on this thread: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry296431

Someone many pages ago was looking for 76th Division. Here are the three basic insignia of that division, i am lucky enough to have all three as a painted helmet. I have about 10 painted of the 76th.

post-5980-1238991287.jpg

Firstsonsofthenation
Someone many pages ago was looking for 76th Division. Here are the three basic insignia of that division, i am lucky enough to have all three as a painted helmet. I have about 10 painted of the 76th.

sorry out of focus and now in storage. but, its a rare one, "76" had been painted into the sails but is now really hard to see without raking light.

post-5980-1238991445.jpg

Firstsonsofthenation
sorry out of focus and now in storage. but, its a rare one, "76" had been painted into the sails but is now really hard to see without raking light.

post-5980-1238991510.jpg

blackhawkdown

I just got this helmet this past week from a local fellow. I came from an estate of someone whose wife had worked for my grandfather 40 years ago.

It is a 91st. I have not seen one on the forums like this one, anyone have one like it?

Dan H

post-2370-1239160394.jpg

blackhawkdown

Here is my medic, I hope it is a good one, I dont remember where I got it. I have had it for about 10 years.

Dan H

post-2370-1239160555.jpg

blackhawkdown

Here is a 35th field artillery. I had this one as A KID AND TOOK A WIRE WHEEL ON A DRILL to it!! AHHHH

Dan H

post-2370-1239160969.jpg

I just got this helmet this past week from a local fellow. I came from an estate of someone whose wife had worked for my grandfather 40 years ago.

It is a 91st. I have not seen one on the forums like this one, anyone have one like it?

Dan H

Dan, the insignia is actually 103rd Infantry Regiment, 26th Division.

Nice find.

This is not a painted helmet, but another "scratched in", when I first got it, I thought some kid destroyed a nice helmet, but it's original. Looks like a buck sgt. tried to scratch a Quartermaster emblem on it, then the the U on the left side, and a backwards S on the right side.

cimg0980.jpg

cimg0981.jpg

blackhawkdown

Helmet Guy,

Thanks for that info, the helmet really puzzled me, it did come from a fellow in Company M 103rd! I thought it was something differant.

Where did you find out it was a 103rd marking?

Dan H

• 2 weeks later...
blackhawkdown

I finally had time to look at my 35th helmet, here are some details, it has the cross of lorraine on the top also. Here are some closeups. It is inscribed, Corp. F. H. Cantwell Co L. 138INF Hilenfirst, Le Collet, St. Miheil, Argonne Sommedieux. Can you photos of yours?

post-2370-1240102552.jpg