WWI PAINTED HELMETS

BEAST

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My one and only M1917 helmet. Belonged to a Peter Losso, but I am still trying to ascertain what outfit he was a part of (as indicated by the white diamond):

DSC00083.jpg

has anyone been able to identify the white diamond?

Thanks

Chris

Thats a 80th Div Helmet.

2nd Battalion 317th Infantry Regiment 80th Division

Hi,

do they usually aslo have a Divisional badge? I have one with just the diamond as well.

Best

Chris

• 1 month later...

Just picked this helmet up on my long business trip last month. A WWI 28th Division Helmet that is one of my most interesting; Named and with what looks like Ambulance and Nurse Corps Insignia.

Regards

John

post-5224-1284331706.jpg

post-5224-1284331729.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
suwanneetrader

I was worried when I purchased this WWI Marine helmet off E-Bay. I e-mailed the seller and asked him where he got it. He told me he purchased the helmet and a tractor at the auction of Ann Tessier's farm in Belfield, ND. I did a PEOPLE Search but could not reach Ann Tessier, but I reached a Tom Tessier. He is in his 60's and said Ann was his aunt and had sold out when her husband passed away. At the time of the sale she was in her 80's. He said his Uncle went to alot of N.D. auctions as he collected old tools. He said the helmet could have came in a box lot with tools, as he remembered his Uncle just had it in the barn with misc. and he did not collect any military. He was ALMOST sure it was not a family piece. This info made me feel better but the painting is kind of crude. The white star is over a blue diamond, the headband for the feathers is yellow. The colors are faded, and I did not like the ends of the star were rounded off. I hope it is real as it is the first one (so far the only one) I purchased. I paid $300.00 for it, as I want to keep it and hope it can be a featured piece in my USMC collection. I found an Albert O. Tester 3rd B'tl. 6th. Marines but as Mr Tessier never heard the name, it probably has no connection.

• 1 month later...
Part of the WW1 Helmet collection- I have about 100 of them of equal quality. The cat was enjoying the sun in the case behind them. dave

post-6147-1290267984.jpgpost-6147-1290267984.jpg

Helmets INSIDE the case, cat OUTSIDE the case :thumbsup: Hope this helps

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, :w00t: Very Impressive Collection. Well Worth Showing Off :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards,

John