Military Reenactors wanted in Nebraska

jlg74

Hello Everyone, My name is Jason Grof. I am a Park Supt. at Fort Atkinson in Fort Calhoun Ne. We are a military fort from 1819-1827. We are looking to do a military time line to cover all the time frames. We are looking for US Army reenactors for the weekend of 6-7 June 2009. If you would be willing to come out or know of a unit that might please let me know. We will have our own military volunteers there also that will cover 1819-1827. Thanks Jason Grof 402 335 8104 [email protected]

Greetings from Omaha! Or more precisely, Millard!

Jason, you may want to get in touch with the folks at AM Surplus in Bellevue.

They have been in the business for years and they seem to be in touch with the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Society) and I assume they would know who the local reenactors are as well. Please see their website at

http://www.amsurplus.com/Pages/Index.htm

As you will see the majority of the posts on this forum are on 20th Centrury militaria, and we do not get enough on prior years. I hope you will get the time to post about Ft. Atkinson and the role it played in opening the American West.

For those not familiar with the history, it was once the country's largest military post and was located based upon the explorations of Lewis and Clark. It also has been nicely restored and has a very active living history contingent.

http://www.fortatkinsononline.org/

In any case, welcome aboard! And please take time to post a New Member introduction and let people know what your history and collecting interests are.