General Question on Jump Wings

Hi Gang,

This is not my area of experise/experience. I saw a pair of jump wings at an antique store recently. I was unable to see the back of them, however they are pin back clasp. The case stated WW2 wings.

My questions: 1) Did they have them in ww2 or were they of the horizontal pin type, and 2) they wanted $90 for it - Is that a good price?

thanks in advance.

John Cooper

This is not my area either and although there have been a few threads that covered jump wings I am sure there are a few collectors that have extensive collections - if one happens to read this post please PM me as I have a question for you.

John

Jeff,

It is hard to say based on the info given, yes the horizontal pin type could be WWII or after. $90 , well it seems a bit high to me personally, but it depends onthe condition, maker etc.

Paul

90 bucks for a pinback is WAY too high unless it is hallmarked from a very good company. I sell WWII non hallmarked, other than STERLING, pinback jump wings for between 50 and 75 bucks depending on what I had to give for them. Hallmarked versions go for 150+.

Cheers

Gary

Let's put it this way, I got this one and its little brother for a combined cost of about $40

DSC06147.JPG

The full size is LGB Sterling..

All things come to he who waits ;)

Paul

militarymodels

I wish if I could get the deal like this out there everyday... crying.gif. The price of WW2 jump wings suddely increased like crazy.

Lonny

Let's put it this way, I got this one and its little brother for a combined cost of about $40

DSC06147.JPG

The full size is LGB Sterling..

All things come to he who waits ;)

Paul

101combatvet

Yes, they had clutch back jump wings during the war..... most collectors associate pin back as being exclusivily WW2 which

is incorrect. Depending on what they are they could be worth what they are asking..... but if they are run of the mill common

wings then.... NO!

I wish if I could get the deal like this out there everyday... crying.gif. The price of WW2 jump wings suddely increased like crazy.

Lonny

Thanks again Band(wagon) of Brothers :)

T-Bone