Basic Training group photo

D.A.T.

I have my group photo which we all had taken at the beginning of Basic Training, anyway, as I wrote in another thread, an "irate" girlfriend scribbled my face out with a pen, along with destroying alot of pictures from my army past, to say the least, I could have strangled her.

Is there "somewhere" I can get the picture replaced, the people who took the pictures back then, who might have negatives, or something like that?

Any help would be appreciated! :)

Your best bet would be to contact the PAO at, Ft. Knox, I would suspect, or wherever you went to basic training. You could also attempt to contact the basic training company itself, depending on how long ago it was.

Whatever you do, don't attempt to scribble her face out, you will end up with a lot of time in the pen to research this project!

Your best bet would be to contact the PAO at, Ft. Knox, I would suspect, or wherever you went to basic training. You could also attempt to contact the basic training company itself, depending on how long ago it was.

Whatever you do, don't attempt to scribble her face out, you will end up with a lot of time in the pen to research this project!

Thanks for the info, but I think it's been TOO long, 1972 Basic Training, Fort Ord, Cal.. crying.gif I was hoping maybe one of you knew some kinda magic remedy. That little episode was around '76-'77 with her thumbdown.gif, see what she did, second row from the top, third from the left, tried erasing it very lightly, just scared to destroy it totally. I shoulda have erased her, what's lifetime, 25 years(?) I'd be out by now! w00t.gif No I.D. numbers on the back of the picture ,nothing.

cimg0999a.jpg

Over half those boys were from the Tennessee National Guard, and me from Washington State, thought I knew it all, I didn't know Jack Diddly!

Looking at that picture, why did the D.I.'s call us maggots? :lol:

@twhigham

What's with the guy standing behind the DI? Did he piss her off, too?

It's a picture taken of a picture, but even in the original we all look bad, "faces only mothers could love"! :lol:

@rockymartin21

OMG! I can't believe she did that! Humor us....are you still together?! Crazy girl!

HELL NO! Needless to say, it ended right there around 1977, what started out as a beautiful romance, ended up as an ugly mess! w00t.gif

Klorvin Borno

I think if you scan it and give it to someone who knows what they are doing with photoshop and have it printed on a high-end professional photo printer you should be happy with the results...it looks like there is plenty there to fix it and given how small your face is on the picture it will probably be hard to detect any issues with it if you can find someone good.

Thanks for the tip! Forum member and fellow Washingtonian "oldfireguy" has offered me his services on just what your talking about. ;)

That's what I like about this Forum, people helping other people! thumbsup.gif