Show me your favorite knife in your collection

S McKibben

Wow...you are definitely The Man when it comes to knuck knives. That's a GREAT piece. :love: Congratulations once again on your fantastic collection, Tony!

Since I on a roll here, how about another STONE KNUCKLE KNIFE. here is one of the 10 STONE DISPLAY KNUCKLES known.

Picture291.jpg

Since I on a roll here, how about another STONE KNUCKLE KNIFE. here is one of the 10 STONE DISPLAY KNUCKLES known.

Tony,

This is the first one of these I've seen. Outstanding!!

• 9 years later...
CarlJsGrandson

If you like knives with a history, you probably love this one. Taylor Huff belonging to SGT Carl J Dirienzi ASN 15012488 US ARMY. His duty stations are on back of scabbard.

I need some help here trying to figure out what unit he was with.

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/Tony-in-NH/Taylor%20Huff/IMG_1808.jpg

Carl was my grandfather... I am doing the Ancestry.com thing and started searching relatives online... came across this post. I know it's old, but it'd be cool to share some info if Tony-in-NH is still around. Really cool to see someone enjoying something that was his and being curious about his history...

I don't know much, but know he was a draftsman. I think he met my grandmother at Ft Knox where she was working and he was stationed (or training?)I have another of his knives... he carved his name with my grandmothers name and his ASN, but I couldn't get it to show in pictures cause it's faint. My mother has an album full of pictures he took during the war back home as well. Really cool to see someone enjoying something that was his...

2z4wg1z.jpg

23lgtcm.jpg

Next time I'm home, I'll see if I can find the box with all of his military stuff (if it still exists)... the guns were sold off when he died in 1993 and unfortunately I was too young to keep them (and he was the only one in the family interested in firearms)... I know he brought at least one pistol back with him and had a couple of rifles from the era, but don't think those were actually his during the war. Last time I saw the rest of that stuff was probably 20 years ago, but my mom still had all his discharge paperwork, medals, etc.

CarlJsGrandson

I should mention, and it won't let me edit that post, that I live in FL and back home is OH... so it'll probably be close to year end before I get back there.

Great knife! I love the 225Q's and have three of them myself. Mine don't have family history but they are great knives. Hope you can find your grandpa's stuff!

CarlJsGrandson

Thanks for posting. Later on when you do make it back to Ohio, please remember us here.

Will do, for sure... though I told my mom about finding Tony's knife online and she's already talking about digging that box of his stuff up... might have more info sooner rather than later.

Will do, for sure... though I told my mom about finding Tony's knife online and she's already talking about digging that box of his stuff up... might have more info sooner rather than later.

I would love having more information on your Grandfather!!!!