VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was duck hunter patterned beret, at least for a very short time during pre-deployment around 67/68, that SEALs were issued and while some were worn in country there aren't many pictures of them being used. Boonie hats were used for the most part though ERDL berets were used as late a 71. As far as the duck hunter beret you show, if I saw that at a surplus store or at a militaria show I wouldn't have given it a second look. It looks like something commercially made especially with the quilted orange liner....what do I know. Besides, I don't pay attention to duckhunter camo cause I never liked it and now every single piece of DH camo on ebay is "advisor" or "beogam".

There was duck hunter patterned beret, at least for a very short time during pre-deployment around 67/68, that SEALs were issued and while some were worn in country there aren't many pictures of them being used. Boonie hats were used for the most part though ERDL berets were used as late a 71. As far as the duck hunter beret you show, if I saw that at a surplus store or at a militaria show I wouldn't have given it a second look. It looks like something commercially made especially with the quilted orange liner....what do I know. Besides, I don't pay attention to duckhunter camo cause I never liked it and now every single piece of DH camo on ebay is "advisor" or "beogam".

Yup, I used to see tons of crappy duck hunter stuff in thrift and used clothing stores here in the SF bay area (still is quite a bit of it). Now I see that it has miraculously become " beogam advisor" stuff! I should have grabbed it all and jumped on the ebay bandwagon!

CB

"The duck hunter pattern, while worn by American advisors and others early during the war, is NOT rare! "

And every piece of duck hunter was NOT worn in Vietnam. I respect the guys that collect it and the actual Vietnam made stuff is really cool but I'm pretty sick of seeing every single piece of duck hunter on eBay descibed as advisor or beogam. Once ERDL came out and tiger stripe was available very few troops or units used duck hunter camo.

"The duck hunter pattern, while worn by American advisors and others early during the war, is NOT rare! "

And every piece of duck hunter was NOT worn in Vietnam. I respect the guys that collect it and the actual Vietnam made stuff is really cool but I'm pretty sick of seeing every single piece of duck hunter on eBay descibed as advisor or beogam. Once ERDL came out and tiger stripe was available very few troops or units used duck hunter camo.

DEAR SPIKE

ABSOLUTLY EVERY PIECES OF DUCK HUNTER WAS NOT WORN IN VIETNAM ALMOST

DUCKHUNTER ON EBAY IS NOT GOOD, BUT ALL PIECES I SHOW IN THIS TOPIC

IS CISO OR VIETNAMESE TAILORS MADE IN V.N WAR I CAN T ALLOWS MYSELF

TO SHOW IN THIS FORUM SOME FAKES OR ACTUAL VIETNAM MADE STUFFS

REGARDS JEROME

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gif