VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

here my M-1C with a duck hunter camo cover i have yet to prove its originality but its still a cool looking lid :D

PIC_1581.jpg

Hi Nick

i know KIFFE JAPAN product some helmet cover in duckhunter camo

post-1486-1273658970.jpg

hiya beogam

mine has the tag cut out so its good to see what the tag would have looked like but its not the originality of the cover that was in question but the fact its portraying an airborne generals helmet nobody could agree as to whether its real or a put together fantasy piece ??

pwmiraldi67
hiya beogam

mine has the tag cut out so its good to see what the tag would have looked like but its not the originality of the cover that was in question but the fact its portraying an airborne generals helmet nobody could agree as to whether its real or a put together fantasy piece ??

Its pretty cool, and tough to say, still I would have picked it up just to be safe!! looks like the helmet my 1960s GI Joe came with :)

Its pretty cool, and tough to say, still I would have picked it up just to be safe!! looks like the helmet my 1960s GI Joe came with :)

thanks mate it only cost me £50 & it was worth it just for the fact its a complete VN era airborne helmet :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I recently picked up this duck hunter pattern cap. It basically follows the Navy/USMC pattern but has no label. There are 4 black metal vents in the crown. It's really well-worn. Can anyone tell me if this is Vietnamese-made, or possibly some other Asian country?

post-265-1274488463.jpg

I posted more photos at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=76178, but the post didn't get any responses. Any information would be appreciated!

Bill

I recently picked up this duck hunter pattern cap. It basically follows the Navy/USMC pattern but has no label. There are 4 black metal vents in the crown. It's really well-worn. Can anyone tell me if this is Vietnamese-made, or possibly some other Asian country?

post-265-1274488463.jpg

I posted more photos at http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=76178, but the post didn't get any responses. Any information would be appreciated!

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Modern made using old fabric.

The grommets are just like the ones coming out of Vietnam today .

owen

Owen,

Thanks for the information. The cap may not be Vietnam period, but I'm pretty sure because of where I found it it's not modern-made using Vietnam-era cloth. (A flea market vendor picked it up at an estate sale that had other military items, and he only charged me $3 for it!)

Bob actually has one on his website now that looks a lot like it; maybe he can comment:

http://www.vintageproductions.com/shop/ind...product_id=4161

Bob's doesn't seem to have grommets at all.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
vintageproductions

I still believe it is South Korean.

If you were to lay the one I have and this one side by side, the differences would scream out.

Hi all

I OK with Owen XUONG IB is 90 s product in Vietnam and certainly actually again

joint pics of reproductions berets with XUONG IB stamps for sure all twills is good

A+ J

post-1486-1276794036.jpg

Inside with stamps note the beautiful turquoise bleue color of BEOGAM ONE

post-1486-1276795253.jpg

Hi BoB

I don t believe your cap is made with Korean twill, all Korean patterns that i seen is smaller in design than you cap but

maybe is one type that i never have in my hands, look in OSPREY ARMIES OF THE VIETNAM WAR 2 page 37 some Korean Marines

worn one bigger than usually ???

Cheers J

Yes my friend bring back from Vietnam by French man in 90s buy it for 1 dollar pieces

Joint pics of 2 patterns twills of duckhunter

1 wellow color in light weight twill (60 s hunting twill)

2 brownish color in HBT twill ( unidentify product look military garment ??? Maybe hunting or test )

Cheers J

post-1486-1276798602.jpg

2 one

post-1486-1276798730.jpg

Funny thing , those berets every one I have seen always have the grommets in the back with the same green lining and stamps.

Now you have some nice cammo patterns there !!!

Worth keeping and noting .

Thanks for posting .

owen

Here's another apparently Asian-made hat I found in a thrift store a few weeks ago. It's a boonie made of leopard spot camo:

post-265-1277258501.jpg

The inside is lined in green sateen, and the chinstrap is made of a twill tape:

post-265-1277258633.jpg

Any information on the hat would be very much appreciated!

Bill

Very nice Beogam hat .

This is the multi panel type as sold by vendors to make a buck , they come in all patterns , having said that its a killer hat in every way .

owen

• 1 month later...
High-resolution VN footage with plenty of duck hunter camo:

Superbe sample of early Beogam thanks for link MPAGE

Ps poor TribeMan "sorry about that"

TrenchfootJoe66

Man that was nice footage. One of the US types was wearing a nice set of duck hunters ( towards the ned of the footage). The shirt looked like it was longer than anything Ive got and Ive got alot of that crap.

JW

• 2 weeks later...
BOB HOPE IN BEOGAM SUIT

b][/b][/size]

Hi Jerome,

I was very impressed with your images of original Vietnam various camo pattern uniforms, you really must have one of the best collections in Europe.

Would it be possible for me to use a good quality image of that great Bob Hope Record Cover, to illustrate in my book on "Martha Raye & Her Boys in Vietnam", naturally I would give you a credit in the book acknowledgements.

However I quite understand if this is not possible, no matter the reason.

Regards

Ghostwriter