SUITE PICS

post-1486-1199201924.jpg

SUITE PICS

post-1486-1199201957.jpg

SUITE PICS

post-1486-1199201997.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
SUITE PICS

Did you win this off EBAY? I thought I saw same type of jacket being sold out of Thailand

I might have a couple pieces you would be interested in

Matt

Hello Matt,

Indeed, these came from a Thai seller, quite interesting and exotic items and not too expensive. I bought you several Tiger Stripes and Pink uniform before you move from Fayetteville.

Cheers

Did you win this off EBAY? I thought I saw same type of jacket being sold out of Thailand

I might have a couple pieces you would be interested in

Matt

Hello Matt,

Indeed, these came from a Thai seller, quite interesting and exotic items and not too expensive. I bought you several Tiger Stripes and Pink uniform before you move from Fayetteville.

Cheers

Ahh, I knew I would know someone on here

Do you still have pinks?

I have an "incountry made" set of Beogams, that may interest you , plus a bunch of tiger camo

Matt

Hi Matt

Yes i find this jacket and trousers on ebay and the seller is from thailand

Could you send us some pics of your incountry made beogam set please

Cheers Jerome

Ahh, I knew I would know someone on here

Do you still have pinks?

I have an "incountry made" set of Beogams, that may interest you , plus a bunch of tiger camo

Matt

Hello Jerome,

i had thought i had posted these before, but it seems i have not...

I thught you may enjoy this set that surfaced for sale last year, along with his flight suits, medals and 3 jungle jackets. The grouping comprised 100+ items and was essentially his entire service life from Korea,Europe,Vietnam and Cambodia.

A matched set to a US MEDTC officer.

The jacket is cut like a French 47/53 jump smock to include the 3/4 length zipper, "beaver tail" and chest zips.

The trousers have six pockets ( 2 button exposed rear, and 2 exposed cargo), belt loops and tabs. The hems also have tightening "laces" also.

PLease excuse the poor first photo.

post-109-1202045914.jpg

Detail.

post-109-1202046326.jpg

Rear.

post-109-1202046359.jpg

Insignia.

Interestingly,the veteran only wore his (French style) Cambodian wings on this uniform, none of his US qualifications.

This is borne out in the photos of him wearing this uniform that i have.

post-109-1202046499.jpg

Wings and tape.

post-109-1202046536.jpg

And to close, a trouser detail.

post-109-1202046597.jpg

Hello,

that is why i mentioned they were French style.

I also have his locally made metal set, again in the French style, and Cambodian wings presentation certificate also.

Picture exist from as late as 1975 showing Cambodian paratroop NCO's wearing French wings so it isn't an uncommon practice.

Salut Valery,

Patrick Nelson Delavan

Born in Castelgate Utah, he entered the Army in March 1948 as an enlisted man and the following November he graduated OCS and was commisioned a 2nd LT.

During the Korean war he served as a platoon leader in C,D,and E companies of the 8th Cavalry Regiment of the 1st Cavalry Division, where he earned 2 purple hearts and the bronze star with valour device.

From there he served in Vietnam in 1963 as the CO of the 120th Light Helicoptor Company.

In 1964 he was serving as the CO of the Utility Tactical Transport Helicopter Company, an airborne assault unit which supported the Vietnamese III Corps in the Mekong Delta area.

From what i can gather the UTT was the first armed helicopter company in the Republic of Vietnam and was later redesignated the 197th Helicoptor company.

During his time in Vietnam he was shot down on 9(!) occasions and was wounded 5 times.

In 1967 Mr.Delavan took command as an Lt.Colonel of the 18th Aviation Battalion in Germany.

By 1969 he was back in the US where he remained in a variety of posts until he was tasked with running the MEDTC operation in Cambodia from 1973-74.

During his service he had the following qualifications:

Senior parachutist

Army Aviator

Senior Army Aviator

Ranger tab.

He also earned the CIB.

Mr.Delavan also amassed 33 awards during his service to include:

The Distinguished Service Cross

The Distinguished Flying Cross with Oak Leaf cluster

The Legion of Merit

The Bronze Star with "V" device and Oak Leaf cluster

The Air medal with 16 Oak Leaf clusters

Seven Purple Hearts

The Vietnamese Gallantry cross with 3 palms.

As well as others to include his campaign medals and a few other Vietnamese decorations.

Here is the citiation for his DSC;

"DELAVAN, PATRICK N.

Citation:

The President of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the Distinguished Service Cross to Patrick N. Delavan, Major (Transportation Corps), U.S. Army, for extraordinary heroism on 4 April 1964 in connection with military operations involving conflict with an opposing force in the Republic of Vietnam. Major Delavan was serving as a Helicopter Company Commander and leading eight armed helicopters on a mission to provide support to a Vietnamese ground force under heavy attack when he encountered the hostile battalion which had overpowered a strategic hamlet and had the remaining friendly forces surrounded. As the support force arrived in the combat zone and was met with a great volume of enemy automatic and small arms fire, Major Delavan completely disregarded his own personal safety, ordered the other helicopters to stay out of range, and bravely placed his aircraft in the most precarious positions to estimate the tactical situation. Then, with fortitude and professional skill, he led five separate helicopter maneuvers against the insurgents which neutralized part of the enemy force. After he refueled his aircraft and returned to lead the second operation, the enemy had set up a 50 caliber machinegun as an antiaircraft weapon. Major Delavan then undauntedly elected to approach the area alone instead of sending in an unarmed medical evacuation aircraft when a seriously wounded American ground advisor with the besieged Vietnamese unit requested medical evacuation. Although his helicopter was damaged by the 50 caliber gun fire which wounded him and three crew members, he continued the approach, landed in view of the enemy and, ignoring his own injury, personally loaded the casualty. After transferring the wounded advisor to the medical evacuation aircraft, he courageously returned to the scene of action and directed the support operations. Through his decisive leadership, determination, and brave actions, the company of the armed forces of the Republic of Vietnam was saved from annihilation. Major Delavan's gallantry and extraordinary heroic conduct are in the highest traditions of the United States Army and reflect great credit upon himself and the military service."

As to other items that i have, i also own one of his fully badged flight suits from his time with the 18th in Germany ( jump wings,aviator and CIB with his MACV combat patch) and a selection of his things from Cambodia which i will show below.I also have a few equipment items and diaries from his time in Germany and a selection of photgraphs from his time in Cambodia.

The medals were sold to another collector for quite a sum.

To my knowlege there are also 3 badged jungle jackets with pocket patch for the 120th in collectors hands also, and a flight suit with his 1st Cav combat patch.

Suffice to say i would very much like to own one of the jungle jackets.

post-109-1202060025.jpg

Very nice grouping and here is again a new hunt (or Graal Quest) in order to find where the other parts of the sprayed grouping are...

Have your french wings a number in the back? Is the badge french (Drago, Arthus Bertrand etcc.) or locally made?

Congratulations

Valery

Hi Valery,

the wings are locally made and bear no markings.

Regarding the quest for the jungle jacket...we all need something to keep us busy!

:D

Hi Valery,

the wings are locally made and bear no markings.

Regarding the quest for the jungle jacket...we all need something to keep us busy!

:D

Hi Patrick

absolutly outstanding grouping and one of very rare beogam pattern

Thanks a lot for your posting

Cheers Jerome

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TigerD

This is a great thread. It's amazing what you find in your local Goodwill store. A few weeks ago a came across what you see me wearing in the below picture. A friend of mine whose father is from South Vietnam recognized it right away and asked me to go back and check for more. Indeed they put more on the rack last week, the pants that match my top better than the ones in the photo, and I found the top in the second picture...$5.99. By the way, the other pieces I bought were only $7.00 each.

img0833ha9.jpg

topmt6.jpg

img0884dd7.jpg

pwmiraldi67

my friend, you are the Leopard Beo Gam King!!!!!

I have a rain coat just like yours, parachute silk material thats been rubberized, looks just like the one I picked up at the Great Western Gun show back in 1996.

I especially like your Beo Gam boonie hat, Ive only seen pix of those but never a real one WOW, I would kill for that!!!

Very Nice!! Keep it up!

Paul

This is a great thread. It's amazing what you find in your local Goodwill store. A few weeks ago a came across what you see me wearing in the below picture. A friend of mine whose father is from South Vietnam recognized it right away and asked me to go back and check for more. Indeed they put more on the rack last week, the pants that match my top better than the ones in the photo, and I found the top in the second picture...$5.99. By the way, the other pieces I bought were only $7.00 each.

HI TIGERD

COULD YOU POST SOME PICS OF YOUR BERET PLEASE

YOUR PANTS IS ONE OF THIS CIVILIAN PATTERN WHO S WORN IN VIETNAM (JAPAN MADE)

FOR THE SHIRT I NEVER SEEN SOME PICS OF SOLDIER WHO S WEAR THIS TYPE OF PATTERN

BUT MAYBE ONE DAY ( THE SECOND TO)

CHEERS JEROME

my friend, you are the Leopard Beo Gam King!!!!!

I have a rain coat just like yours, parachute silk material thats been rubberized, looks just like the one I picked up at the Great Western Gun show back in 1996.

I especially like your Beo Gam boonie hat, Ive only seen pix of those but never a real one WOW, I would kill for that!!!

Very Nice!! Keep it up!

Paul

HI PAUL

THANKS FOR YOUR APPRECIATIONS thumbsup.gif

PLEASE PAUL POST SOME PICS OF YOUR BEOGAM STUFFS ( IN PARTICULARY YOU CAP)

OR EXOTIC PIECES YOU CAN HAVE IN YOUR COLLECTION

IN SHORT TIME I POST SOME REALLY INTERRESTING RARE PATTERN OF BEOGAM ON THIS FORUM w00t.gif

CHEERS JEROME

hey jerome

I will do that, I'll get the camera out now!!!!

looking forward to seeing more,

paul

YOUR WELCOME AND THANX AGAIN

CHEERS JEROME

hey jerome

I will do that, I'll get the camera out now!!!!

looking forward to seeing more,

paul

YOUR WELCOME AND THANX AGAIN

CHEERS JEROME

post-1486-1204483370.jpg

post-1486-1204483757.jpg

pwmiraldi67

hey my friend

here are a few pix both originals and with models and some of our events too

thanks for sharing

its not letting me upload more than one photo at a time so I guess I'll have to send em 1 at a time...

paul

post-2472-1204486168.jpg

more

post-2472-1204486405.jpg

heres a few originals....

post-2472-1204486467.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486675.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486711.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486755.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486812.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486845.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486894.jpg

another one 1964-65

post-2472-1204486962.jpg

hey my friend

here are a few pix both originals and with models and some of our events too

thanks for sharing

its not letting me upload more than one photo at a time so I guess I'll have to send em 1 at a time...

paul

CIDG CLASSIC IN US CUT