VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

Hello all,

just been searching through some old shots of mine and realised that i had not posted this item here.

It has been shown elsewhere, but i think this is a fitting thread for its inclusion too.

My locally made flight suit.

Patrick.

post-109-1231702457.jpg

P

We know and love your flight suit , but I also am most wanting to very much want to be seeing your fantastic beret , more pix pleasing very much whalla .

all the best from Bombay

owen .

Patrick,

It s an outstanding flight suit, do you know whether it was worn while flying or just like a party suit ?

The beret also looks great, it would be nice to see the inside :D

Thanks a lot for sharing these items :D

Patrick,

It s an outstanding flight suit, do you know whether it was worn while flying or just like a party suit ?

The beret also looks great, it would be nice to see the inside :D

Thanks a lot for sharing these items :D

Hello Copran Jerome, and Owen.

Thanks for the kind words on the suit and beret. I have some extra shots of the beret that need to be resized to forum limits, i will post them soon. Owen, watch your inbox.

Copran, the suit is basically a fully functional garment, i would imagine it was worn as an operational item and not as a party suit.

I have some higher resolution shots you are welcome to if yourself or Jerome would like to PM me your e-mail address, you will then be able to see the level of work and detail that went into this garment in much better detail.

Patrick.

P

You are a real champ .

Thanks for the Beret shots .

One of the best I have ever seen .

Also in my mind one of the most difficult pieces of Vietnam headgear to find .

There are copies out there but they dont even come close to your top shelf Beogam beret .

Thanks for sharing Pactrick .

Wales 1 rest of the world 0

owen

Hello Copran Jerome, and Owen.

Thanks for the kind words on the suit and beret. I have some extra shots of the beret that need to be resized to forum limits, i will post them soon. Owen, watch your inbox.

Copran, the suit is basically a fully functional garment, i would imagine it was worn as an operational item and not as a party suit.

I have some higher resolution shots you are welcome to if yourself or Jerome would like to PM me your e-mail address, you will then be able to see the level of work and detail that went into this garment in much better detail.

Patrick.

Hi Patrick could you send me your beret pics and f.suit at my address [email protected]

Cheers Jerome

Owen,

i know it drives you nuts....dig around in your warehouse and find me a left hand.

Here are my beret shots that i mentioned in an earlier posting, the beret is partially lined in the crown,and is a mid-weight material.

Of note is the fairly uncommon maker.

The interior of the beret also has a reinforced area of the typical type for a beret flash.

Patrick.

post-109-1231963333.jpg

A pattern overview.

post-109-1231963384.jpg

A set I picked up at a local dealer a few years ago. Not being fully conversant with 'beogam' these, however, looked old enough and significantly different to recent commercial 'duckhunter' stuff.

I suspect that this garment maybe period Hong Kong made for the commercial market and am wondering whether there any documentation of 'beogam' jumpsuits being used for anything other than aviation purposes. The only tag is a gold 'L' on black bevo woven size label in the lapel.

100_5162-1.jpg

100_5163.jpg

As always, comments/observations are welcomed.

F

Your suit looks great .

Fade ,colors and pattern .

I also have seen this fabric made in HK look like this , so maybee surplus material .

I dont this there is a real answer for this kind of garment .

owen

A pattern overview.

Hi Patrick

Thanks a lot for your pics , youve got a several pieces in Beogam thumbsup.gif

Your beret is made with one of early pattern twill of CIDG CLASSIC the particularity of this twill

Is the larger of screen with 2 differents types of spots is same at 99 % but 1 group of spots is differents and decal

One of pattern who s turn me crazy before i get one big size shirt with full screen pattern present on the back

The cut of shirt is 2 chest pocket with external bellows no cuffs one sleeves ,and 2 pieces of twill built the sleeves

The cut of trousers is look like OG utility trousers 4 pockets ( like my trousers with add zippers pockets on legs)

Have got 3 sets in this pattern is one of rarest we can find actually ( Vernon Gillespsi worn this type of pattern)

My CIDG patrol cap is made with same twill than your beret

For your flight suit is just SUPERBE w00t.gif

To Owen

Sorry but i write "one river of fresh bud " for 2009 i make a mistak is one river of temperate GUINNESS

Please contact me for YOUR shirt thumbsup.gif

Cheers JEROME

F

Your suit looks great .

Fade ,colors and pattern .

I also have seen this fabric made in HK look like this , so maybee surplus material .

I dont this there is a real answer for this kind of garment .

owen

I agree with Owen

For me is definitly HUNTING made in HK ?ETC garment fade and colors look like purpleling like CIDG classic but the pattern

is not really the same

Cheers Jerome

Hello Jerome,

many thanks for the additional information on my items and the kind words, i have added the details to my notes and it is much appreciated.

I have been lucky in the last few years to be able to add a few interesting Asian made examples of this kind of camo as a supplement to my US produced commercial versions.

Here is another quick addition to the thread.

Again, if a member wishes higher resolution images for their own use, feel free to contact me. I have more shots of details of the print,bleed through, construction etc.

Patrick.

post-109-1232199570.jpg

Patrick,

Again, you kill me (and probably Jerome too :) ), a Beogam shirt made in ARVN cut, is it a Tailor made or issued items ? any stamp on the collar ? the buttons and the pocket make me think it is like an issued shirt.

Could you show the back ? do you have a pants ?

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Patrick,

Again, you kill me (and probably Jerome too :) ), a Beogam shirt made in ARVN cut, is it a Tailor made or issued items ? any stamp on the collar ? the buttons and the pocket make me think it is like an issued shirt.

Could you show the back ? do you have a pants ?

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Hi Copran

You can find one pants in the same pattern page 8 in this topic

Cheers Jerome

Hi Copran,

I will take a photo of the rear of the shirt and post it later on today (Sunday).

The shirt is devoid of any markings that i can see.

Sadly i do not own trousers in this pattern, an item i will be searching for in 2009!

I am unsure if the shirt is an issue item.....your points on the pockets and buttons are very good ones however.

I will post an interesting little period photo later also, which shows an item made from fabric very,very close to this pattern.

Patrick.

PS. i will mail you some detail shots too.

Here is an interesting period photo.

Due to the kindness of a friend, i was sent some wonderful period photos from his fathers first tour in Vietnam.

Amongst the shots was this item of headgear...the pattern does look very close.

Patrick.

post-109-1232298417.jpg

Hi Bob,

that's an amazing item.....thanks for posting the shots.

A member of the extended family you would always be pleased to see!

Patrick.