VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

kammo-man (Owen)

Thank you for your comment regarding the item I listed on the website as being fake. Can you tell me in detail as to why you state this is fake? Details supporting your comment appreciated. Details help me as well as other members of the forum. Pehaps you have some information or pictures you would like to share?

Mark

Hi Mark,

I will see if I can help. The material to the outside of the beret looks too heavy . It looks like material from a uniform. The inside construction materials look all wrong to originals. The stamp to the inside looks like a quartermaster type of stamps you see in issued items. Camo berets for most part of the war were tailor made or local made. They were not issued. Most you encounter will have the plastic sweat diamond with foil size and or foil makers label. Also , I can't quite see the back where the tie strings are but it looks like it is sewn with a split to the back. To the best of my knowledge they did not do that. There were some very early ones split with drawstrings through eyelets but I have only see one real one. Hope this helps.

Regards, Mitch

Oh rats, I didn't see you had replied already. Oh well , I'll leave it up anyway !!

Yankee Trader Relics

Mitch,

Thank you. Some very good comments. Always appreciate the feedback.

Sincerely,

Mark

• 2 months later...

A picture from the Saigon Daily News in 1965 is of this female soldier in beogam. She is of the Black Tiger Rangers, note the shoulder sleeve and also the Ranger qualification badge. First up is a shot without color correction and then an image with color correction.

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Posted Image

See this in Washington Dc areo museum today !

Nice to see some spots on show

Owen

Posted Image

The vest is in good used condition and part of the grouping.

It's the first time I have seen leopard in a museum apart from my own war room.

• 1 month later...

post-467-0-70245400-1416873729.jpg

Unknown US adviser to the ARVN 2nd Infantry Div. interwiewed at MAAG Compound Payne, Tam Ky, province of Quang Tin, Vietnam 1964-65.

Brand new Beogam fatigues!

attachicon.gifPRUa.jpg

Advisory Team 98, Vietnam 1967. Photo by HG Waite.

Beogam or Tiger Stripe thread?

I chose Beogam

Great photo!

I Like the wide variety of gear and uniforms has been used.

Mike

• 2 months later...

Robert

Nice patched set.These look like the earliy commercial hunting camo thatwere bought.I have seen a few sets of these and photos of SF vets wearing them.One local vet here has a picture of himself in these during training in the early 60s.I have models with both upper or lower pockets on the shirts.They use the same 13 star scoville WW2 era steel buttons.Gtrat to se one badged out.

Robert

Nice patched set.These look like the earliy commercial hunting camo thatwere bought.I have seen a few sets of these and photos of SF vets wearing them.One local vet here has a picture of himself in these during training in the early 60s.I have models with both upper or lower pockets on the shirts.They use the same 13 star scoville WW2 era steel buttons.Gtrat to se one badged out.

I picked this set up in about 1975...