VIETNAM BEOGAM PATTERNS

beogam

another one 1964-65

PANTS CIDG CLASIC METAL OR PLASTIC BUTTON

SHIRT EARLY PRODUCT IF THE SLEEVE MADE IN TWO PIECE PATTERN CIDG CLASSIC METAL BUTTON

another one 1964-65

INTERRESTING SHIRT NORMALLY YOU CAN FIND CIGARETTE POCKET ON CIDG CLASSIC US CUT METAL BUTTON AND

CIDG CLASSIC PLASTIC BUTTON WITH 2 BUTTONS CHEST POCKET YOUR LOOK LIKE JUST 1 BUTTON POCKET

AND IF I DON T MAKE A MISTAQUE THIS SHIRT HAVE 2 CIGARETTE POCKETS

REALLY INTERRESTING SHIRT

THANX PAUL FOR YOUR GREAT PICS

CHEERS JEROME

Guest TigerD

Here are photos of the beret.

img0886mu8.jpg

img0887yz7.jpg

img0888uc7.jpg

I made the beret from another article I bought at Goodwill. :D Once I found out it was easy I also made berets in ACU and Flecktarn just this past week.

As far as the pattern I was wearing, I took better photos of the top and the new (old) pants I just bought. There is a beret on the same thread of the identical pattern. I may be wrong, but there are a couple of pics on the thread with this pattern being worn. Again, I may be wrong.

img0889pw6.jpg

img0890fg8.jpg

post14861189079671iq7.jpg

post14861186575151cf8.jpg

patternms0.jpg

post14861186662737ne9.jpg

Your feedback appreciated.

pwmiraldi67

thanks bro

thats just a small sample maybe 1/20 of my Beo gams

Yea your totally correct about the one with the double cig pockets it was a modification belonging to a SOG vet named Messer, Ive got his beret, boots, photos and awards too, came from Jason Hardy a few years ago, never seen another one like it.

Paul

post-2472-1204510684.jpg

post-2472-1204510700.jpg

post-2472-1204510741.jpg

"........to be or not to BEOgam!"

thanks for the most excellent posting BEOGAM KING OF BEOGAM!

THE REST NEXT TIME

REGARDS JEROME

"........to be or not to BEOgam!"

thanks for the most excellent posting BEOGAM KING OF BEOGAM!

THE REST NEXT TIME

REGARDS JEROME

• 2 weeks later...
pwmiraldi67

Hey jerry

Thats actually an early SOG 1-0 (one Zero) vest, I saw another one of those that Bob got last year!! Super rare and nice!!

Paul

thanks Paul for info... I was thinking that this vest is more custom made Air Force vest or kind of Sog item:) now I know :)

Best regards,

Jerry K.

Hello Paul,

Are you sure that it could be a SOG vest ? lot of people here wrote that SOG only wore green modified fatigues during their mission.

Hey jerry

Thats actually an early SOG 1-0 (one Zero) vest, I saw another one of those that Bob got last year!! Super rare and nice!!

Paul

nguoi tien su

Paul,

Are you sure it could also be a 1/0 vest?

It is very typical of the USAF from 63 to 65, especially Air Commandos based in Bien Hoa. You can also see them worn by Air Police K9 early in the war.

doomgr10.jpg

(photo on www.skyraider.org)

To my opinion, the vest was ordered by the Air Commandos, and maybe some SOG units might have adopted it?

This perticuliar vest came from a large grouping named to a 13th TFS (1965-1966 F105) and 435th TFS (1970-1971 F-4) pilot.

Cheers.

NTS

pwmiraldi67

Hey All

100% Positive!!! Bob Chatt picked up one, jason hardy had one in both Beo Gams and Tigerstripe as well as bob chatt had a nice black dyed one.

yea the standard ones in the 2nd generation were OD green to Khaki tan.

But yea thats 100% an early SOG 1-0 vest!!!

wait til Bob gets back from Japan and he can back me up!!

heres the same thing Jason Hardy had a few years ago but in green, same zippers same design!

Yea these (beo Gams and Tigerstripe vest)were NEVER worn across the Fence, only in Vietnam

Paul

post-2472-1206110604.jpg

pwmiraldi67

Also, Im sure alot of the pilots had the same or similiar either SOG copied them or vice versa. Supposedly Lynn Black got hold of some material and made the first 40 in the PI, and soon they caught on. Ive seen pix of FAC's and the guys flying back seat with these vests too. So it would be easy for the Aviation wing and SOS to have the same vests too.

So eveyone wins!! w00t.gif

I'll see if I can find the tigerstripe vest also, got dig for it!!

Paul

johnho10.jpg

resuc110.jpg

ptmccl10.jpg

I have to agree with NguoiTienSu, I think these vests are initially 100% USAF, and might have been copied by SOG later. Although I have many pics showing these vests worn in the USAF, I have never seen them worn by SOG operators.

pwmiraldi67

The vest in the photos is probably the Same AF item, but Jason Hardy God of SOG has photos of both the Beo Gam SOG vest and Tigerstripe SOG vest, and Im sure they were copied from the Air Force ones.

Like I said Bob bought one not too long ago and Spike even saw it I think!? Where you at Spike??

But once again, there is documentation of SOG guys with both vest, and belive me there are a ton of pictures of SOG you guys have never seen with some increible stuff that Hardy's putting out in his next SOG books, thats all I can say!

vintageproductions

We have a tiger stripe model and a Leopard pattern one in our showroom. When I get back from Japan, I will post photos of both of them, plus the black one.

• 1 month later...
Got da Penny

Does any member have ANY INFO on this Shirt i just picked up this weekend.

Made by KAMO MFG Co.

(( 2 Lower Pockets ONLY ))

Looks like Duck Hunter Pattern, but, was this one used in Advisory Era ???

Thanks for any and ALL input.

Carey

post-633-1210023184.jpg

post-633-1210023189.jpg

post-633-1210023193.jpg

post-633-1210023199.jpg

Hello,

The printed tag shows that this shirt was probably made in the 70s, the one made in 60s has KAMO in green letters. So it was not used in Vietnam since there are pleinty of camo uniforms that time.

Does any member have ANY INFO on this Shirt i just picked up this weekend.

Made by KAMO MFG Co.

(( 2 Lower Pockets ONLY ))

Looks like Duck Hunter Pattern, but, was this one used in Advisory Era ???

Thanks for any and ALL input.

Carey

post-633-1210023184.jpg

post-633-1210023189.jpg

post-633-1210023193.jpg

post-633-1210023199.jpg

• 4 weeks later...