Sign in to follow this  
craig johnson

MODEL OF 1917 BROWNING CLEANING ROD

Im looking for a cleaning rod for a Model of 1917 browning machine gun,but more importantly Im trying to find out if this cleaning rod was used on any other gun so I can expand my search. A friend suggests it might be for the BAR, but I have no reference manuals to prove this.

91909516-M-3.jpg

Item 251,252, and 253 below. This is from TR 320-35 BROWNING MACHINE GUN CAL 30 TRAINING REGULATIONS. March 25 1925

99059855-L-2.jpg

5270223-L.jpg

59415377-L-2.jpg

Thanks Craig

post-344-1175699920.jpg

post-344-1175699892.jpg

Hi Craig, I spotted your ' wants ' for the single length cleaning rod, so I have waited two days thinking that you would be offered one from someone on your side of the pond. Well I have a couple of these still wrapped in cosmoline wrapping, they measure 51 inches in length, the handle is the style that was standard for U.S. WWII sectional rods, I don't have the early rounded type in your photo. I need £27 English for it, that's approx $53 USD, and plus whatever the post-office want for shipping, if you are still stuck in finding one there let me know and I will get a quote off the post office, it's a little difficult as it will not fold or such. Photo shows one opened to see the handle and I have two in Cosmoline

So take your time and it's here if you need it.

Regards ( Lewis )

Young enough to care and enjoy militaria - Old enough to remember as surplus

" Life's too short for reproductions "

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.