Help Please on Officer EGA

Belleauwood

Belleauwood

Could some of the EGA collectors let me know what time frame and possible maker is on the following images. Picked this up Sat. with a few other badges and insignia. Any help is appreciated as always

Dennis

post-3422-1239645930.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Hi Dennis, post WW1 say early 1920's.... to 1926 or so. Maker - give me a few moments to study. s/f Darrell

teufelhunde.ret

Dennis, judging solely by the shape of the continents & stempling of the globe - my hunch is of Gemsco production. In reality could be any number of makers... as so many I've seen from the era / period in time were not hallmarked, even Fire Bronze were unmarked and I have no answers nor heard any reasonable explanation for it? The shape / design of the eagle was very commonplace as well Semper Fi, Darrell

Belleauwood
Dennis, judging solely by the shape of the continents & stempling of the globe - my hunch is of Gemsco production. In reality could be any number of makers... as so many I've seen from the era / period in time were not hallmarked, even Fire Bronze were unmarked and I have no answers nor heard any reasonable explanation for it? The shape / design of the eagle was very commonplace as well Semper Fi, Darrell

My thoughts as well, but I really wanted to defer to someone who knows more than I do. Rough shape for sure, but I'm weak.

Thanks for the insite - Dennis

teufelhunde.ret
.... Rough shape for sure, but I'm weak.

In the decade of the 20's there were only around 1000 Officer's in service - an EGA in any condition is a keeper! ;) There is a mate out there somewhere for it... s/f Darrell

• 5 months later...

this sold for roughly 60 bucks, went ignored in light of the 14K auction...seems flatter than most emblems, clutchback. Never seen it before. Anyone have any info on it?

_B_GBk9Q_2k___KGrHgoOKkQEjlLmWTSVBKp6GlmG_____3.jpg

_B_GBos__2k___KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmY5yVBKp6G7GBKQ___3.jpg

_B_GBr9wBGk___KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBKp6HM6_S____3.jpg

jeremiahcable

Looks like an unmarked H&H first type. I've always associated that pin set up with mid to late 20s and 30s era pieces. Darrell will probably have some examples for you to compare it too. Wonderful pickup!

teufelhunde.ret
Looks like an unmarked H&H first type. I've always associated that pin set up with mid to late 20s and 30s era pieces.

Quite agree - the shape / outline is the giveaway. Here is an example of the H&H pattern in Fire Bronze. Someone got a deal...! s/f Darrell

1926_H_H_fire_bronze_front.jpg