M15 White Phosphorus Grenade

Peace

Hi all,

I'm awaiting an M15 white Phosphorus grenade. I'm expecting that the fuze that comes with it, is a bad repro, but since these are hard to find in the first place, with or without spoon, I did take it.

It will need refinishing though, thats where I need some help. Can someone help me a pictoral example of a know original?

And secondly, I know it should take an M6 fuze or M206 fuze, though I have never seen these up close. Do these differ much from the standard fuze used in the MK II hand grenade?

Thx for the help in advance!

I'll be sure to post pictures when I have it here.

Regards,

Stijn

Hi all,

grenade arrived today, and definately needs some work done to make it enjoyable to watch again. Spoon & pull pin are reproduction/post war, but the fuze body is original, allthough very worn.

Dirt Detective, I'll be taking that spoon if you find it!

Bolo & jawasinger;

I did allready check inert ordnance & other sites, seems there is not much more available on the net at this time.

I did find a good example in the first place I should have looked, the GI collectors guide by Enjambes...!

Ill keep you all informed with how it turns out.

Regards,

Stijn

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

with the help of Mike McCrea, who supplied me with a correct fuse, I was able to finish this restoration of an M15 WP grenade. It required some minor surgery.

Here is a before & after pic.

post-132-1284486532.jpg