Paratroopers in Normandy Shadow box Diorama

Old Marine

Brian Dentino

I have to agree with everyone who has posted here and say that this is a fantastic and great looking shadow box. One of the coolest that I have ever seen. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with all of us "enviously not-so-talented" people! Super job, and a really, really great original item! :love:

HGButtentee

Funny, whenever I am at IKEA I look at thoses boxes...thinking about how good a diorama would fit in there...

Fantastic work...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Very nice diarama it reminds me of the picture in St,Marie Du Mont in Normandy, there is a war memorial

in the village today that the U.S, airborne stood in front of and had the pic taken. It is the same now as then,

We stood on the same spot, Your model is just right for that senario. Well done.

dave.

Hi cottonbaler,

the model is in great shape, and when in combat rules of dress dont come into it.

If you look at archive pics you will see lots of things not regulation, when i was in

British army we had and still have codes of dress. But first aid dressings were worn on

webbing, we carried our own knives ect. and cammed in our own way.

Soldiers even painted there helmets to serve the situation.

Dave.

Hello,

Completely all right, but on the photos of archives, not "first aid" on helmets in Normandy.

We begin to see it in Holland...

Pic in Normandy, Third gi to the right, in the ankle...

2vmhnow.jpg

Pic in Hollande...

w9fs4p.jpg

You’ve given me inspiration to make a shadow box in a larger scale. I am slowly building a 1/6 scale War Correspondent figure, getting items slowly over time to get the figure to represent exactly what I was looking for, but I have wondered how I was going to display it. I now know I’ll do it along the line of this, with a vertical format shadow box with either a wall or tree/fence right behind the figure and scattered brass and other debris at the feet of the figure…