USAF BLUE Fatigues

T-Bone

Long sleeve, 66th Strategic Missile Sq. Ellsworth AFB, SD

007-2.jpg

Short sleeve, 571st Strategic Missile Sq. Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ

008-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see the OD style fatigues and crew blues wore a white undershirt. Did the blue "crew bags" also wear a white undershirt?

I've seen some photos, but most seem to have the scarf/ascot.

My AF officer guides from that period have no mention of undershirt, let alone missile uniforms.

Anyone know?

The NORAD gray uniform I've seen photos of both wearing white and black undershirts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, Gerate blue shirt. I just emailed a couple of friends about this set. I'd call the Morale Uniforms designed to set certain personnel aside from others and build there self esteem. They are cut exactly like my fatigues in 65 as well as the OD-105's. You will find them worn by crew chiefs with such patches as Eagle F-15 Chief on them. There may still be some worn by special units such as the Andrews AFB VIP section. I'm trying to confirm that now. These uniform will be covered in Volume Two of Into the Blue, USAF Uniforms 1947 to Present. Also covered will be all of the fatigues, BDUs, DBUs,the ABU and the new MultiCam being issued. Also a great section on Mess Dress, Security forces and all of those things not covered in Vol 1. The missile operator in the photo is wearing his blues that can be a set of these or coveralls. I'll have photos showing the wear of this uniform with Unit Ball cap, white belt and bloused boots with latter laces. If you need any further info just ask.

Good hunting with your collection.

Lance

What field jacket augments these items when worn in cooler conditions?

Missile crews wore flight jackets and his best friend, the parka.

• 4 years later...

Yes, I wore these in the USAF during missile crew duty in the early 1980's. Whiteman AFB, Mo 351st Strategic Missile Wing, Minuteman II. Ahhh, to have hair, those were the days.

post-152401-0-98255100-1466158005.jpg

post-152401-0-80112500-1466158014.jpg