UITG & FANK Uniforms & headgear

pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67

WOW TOO Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im totally jelous!!!!

man exact same insignia too, funny thing with my shirt is the American awards are all pre 1969 going straight across, while the name side with the Cambo wings are with the slant, odd, but that was larry dring for ya.

I read a great story about him by jim Morris, said Larry had a set of the spotted camo and he put those little "Hang ten" felt feet from the early 60s across the back of the shirt, and told everyone his "Little People" knocked him down in a fire fight and ran over him!! too funny

Again Andrei super nice shirts!!!!

p

Hello all,

here is a shot of an item that is part of a larger grouping that i have shown partially before on the forum.

I have been fortunate to add further items back to this group and am searching for others that i know to exist.

Here are the items relating to the veterans FANK/UITG service.

The veteran served with the detachment as an S-1 in the Phuoc Tuy Training Centre holding the rank of 1LT, and as an instructor with Mobile Training Team 4 from 1972-1973.

Of interest is his Cambodian jump wings certificate, the sun has washed away the background detail of the design of jumping paratroopers and their aircraft in this particular photo.

2zrp3tg.jpg

Another item i was pleased to aquire via a friend.

The shirt also came with his ERDL trousers and a photo of the veteran.

SSG Blakemore served in the unit from January 1972 to January 1973 as an instructor at the Dong Ba Thin Training Centre.

Of note are the locally made Cambodian wings and the locally made SF SSI and tab.

The beret is a period item that did not belong to the veteran and has been added for the photo.

post-109-1239388587.jpg

One of the variation styles shown below.

The tailor should have been aiming for this for his advisor customers regarding the spelling of "Republique"!

post-109-1239388968.jpg

Here is part of my favourite grouping that i possess.

A small taste as there are many items and i plan a thread of their own.

Note the unofficial MEDTC tab worn on the arm.

post-109-1239389584.jpg

The final tease of the grouping is this damaged, yet still impressive ornament.

This grouping in its totality is perhaps my most cherished set of items in my collection.

Patrick.

post-109-1239389781.jpg

vintageproductions

This is one I have always been convinced was one of Larry Drings shirts. The US ARMY strips were usually done this way and in numerous colors. You can also see where a Republique Khmere scroll was removed.

Dring was one of those guys that Vietnam urban legends come from. He supposedly had every known camo at the time done up. The story is when he died his wife went to a Gunshow and it took something like fifteen or twenty tables to put out all his stuff.

dring1.JPG

dring2.JPG

hochiminhtrail

thanks Bob for sharing your pictures.

Patrick, i see your collection is growing, just keep on.

Alex

Here is part of my favourite grouping that i possess.

A small taste as there are many items and i plan a thread of their own.

Note the unofficial MEDTC tab worn on the arm.

Thanks, I have now drooled enough that I have to change my shirt :lol:

This is an amazing collection.

Does anyone have a set of French Brevet like this one which they would part with?

Even a 1980s one for US BDUs, would be prefered.

T-Bone

I always thought it was one or the other, not both on the same uniform. I could be wrong though.

That is the Reg today, it has led to some consternation to folks who have jumped MOS over the years.

T-Bone

Another item i was pleased to aquire via a friend.

The shirt also came with his ERDL trousers and a photo of the veteran.

SSG Blakemore served in the unit from January 1972 to January 1973 as an instructor at the Dong Ba Thin Training Centre.

Of note are the locally made Cambodian wings and the locally made SF SSI and tab.

The beret is a period item that did not belong to the veteran and has been added for the photo.

Patrick,

is SSG Blakemore a black fellow ? I think that Andrew Lipps had a documented grouping of three or four jackets from his estate for sale some years ago. One FANK, two JCRC and a RDF IIRC.

Very nice jacket. I love FANK stuff.

A.

Patrick,

is SSG Blakemore a black fellow ? I think that Andrew Lipps had a documented grouping of three or four jackets from his estate for sale some years ago. One FANK, two JCRC and a RDF IIRC.

Very nice jacket. I love FANK stuff.

A.

Andrei,

he is an African-American.

Another large grouping that was broken and scattered.

*sigh*

Patrick.

Andrei,

another thought has occured to me.....

Did any of the items you have seen belonging to Mr.Blakemore have his VN jumpwings or CIB affixed?

Patrick.

I dont remember... the cambodian wings for sure. As far as CIB and VNJW, cant tell. Sorry about that.

Perhaps Copran or Beezman kept the pics in their databank.

Sorry Patrick, no pics of these items. I don't remember see any of them while visiting Andrew Lips website

The grouping was split in different auctions on eBay.

It was pulled off before the end of the auction. This was in 2000 or 2001 if my memory doesn't betray me.

I was not collecting Militaria at that time, still was a starved student then

Thanks Patrick. I can't make out the tabs, but I will try to make larger scans and see if I can make them out.

Patrick,

This is the best I can do with what I got. Hope it helps!

post-203-1239562397.jpg

post-203-1239562401.jpg